Job description / Role
The Butler is at the center of the Raffles Doha guest service experience. The role encompasses a spectrum of responsibilities that mainly support the Raffles Butler in delivering efficiently an immaculate guest experience. During the occasional guest interaction, the Assistant Butler strives to listen attentively, observes all details, and personalizes any interaction with the aim to anticipate and be intuitive of guests' needs and wants. The Assistant Butlers is an ambassador of the hotel, well-rounded in all areas of the hotel and knowledgeable of all areas including Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Spa & Wellbeing.
RAFFLES HOTELS AND RESORTS
An oasis for the well-travelled since 1887 reinterpreted for the 21st century traveler, Raffles has been synonymous with luxury, glamour, and extraordinary service for well over a century. Born in Singapore, the brand has since extended its network all around the world, welcoming the influential community of each destination. Whether you come to drink, dine, celebrate or simply to unwind, the outstanding personalities working at Raffles know better than anyone else how to ensure that you "ARRIVE AS GUEST, LEAVE AS FRIEND, AND RETURN AS FAMILY".
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports Butlers in creating personal connections with guests through emotional luxury.
- Responsible to have full knowledge of in suite and maxi bar set-ups.
- Supports Butler in regular service offerings include unpacking, packing, light laundry handling, shoe-shine service if needed.
- Fully understands the difference of room categories and guest levels / VIPs.
- Promptly answers calls, instant messages from the Butler they work with as well as in their department.
- Engages, customizes and organises in suite Maxi Bar set-ups for the occupied suites with the instructions of the Butler.
- Make sure to report used items in suites Maxi Bars and are charged to the guest's accounts.
- Make sure Butler trolleys and dedicated pantries are well-stocked and ready for the next shift.
- Cleans and maintains all Butler working areas including guest suites, pantries, stores, equipment, perishables, stationary, etc. with the instruction and support of the Butler they work with.
- Follows up necessary hygiene procedures on daily basis.
- Completes the missing products from purchasing department and stocks them neatly in the designated pantries / storages.
- Works closely with in room dining and engages / customizes replenishment of amenities for the occupied suites with the instructions of the Butler.
- Responsible of removal and exchange of dirty plates, cutleries, glasses etc. while replenishing amenities and Maxi Bars for occupied suites with the instructions of the Butler.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team.
- Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions guests' needs and wants. Shares guest preferences with Butlers to be recorded on guest's profile.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Hotels Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Cooperates closely with Butlers and Butler supervisors to ensure a seamless service. Acts as a link for guests with all other areas of the hotel .
- Addresses any security incidents and guest complaints to the Head Butler and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes 5 star / Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Performs any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel.
- Follows Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language.
- Ascertains and addresses guest/colleague needs.
- Focuses on service with an eye for detail and an approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, exercises good judgment and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and shows good initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Embraces and responds to change effectively.
- Understands international luxury travelers and their needs.
- International level of quality and non-hotel experience a plus.
- An understanding of cultural nuisances in dealing with local and Middle Eastern guests.
- Anticipates the needs and the assistance a Butler might need upon a guest's stay, from their arrival to departure.
- Strives an effort to capture the fineness of the everyday work.
- Shows enthusiasm for self-development.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.