Job description / Role
The position is responsible for managing the cleanliness and safety aspect of all pantry and kitchen areas, that includes the F&B and Kitchen operation equipment through the leadership of Assistant Executive Steward, Steward Supervisor, Steward Attendant and Night Kitchen Cleaner Team. He/she is in charge of the F&B waste management and pest management of the kitchen, and the responsibilities and essential job functions include but not limit to maximizing saving cost, achieving targets such as P&L Budget and Forecast, Hygiene audit, Safety audit, staffing, quality, training and development of team members.
- Kitchen team.
- F&B Service team.
- Engineering Maintaining team.
- Finance team.
- Housekeeping team.
- Laundry team.
- Security team.
- Talent and Culture team.
- Purchasing team.
- Contractor (TY) (ENDA) (DKNH).
- Chemical Supplier (Ecolab).
- Equipment Supplier.
- External Auditor.
- NEA Officer.
- Manages the daily stewarding operation: cleanliness and quality of f&b and kitchen operation equipment
- Manages briefing and deployment for Stewarding colleague daily.
- Makes daily round to check for cleanliness and quality of all OE and kitchen equipment safeness of all kitchen.
- Takes ownership of all OE ,kitchen equipment and hotel property.
- Operation checks to ensure work flow and system are in order and hygiene standard is meet with expectation.
- Always communicates with F&B service, Culinary team and fellow colleague to find out about the work flow system and makes improvement with the collaboration system if required.
- Manages team with efficiency of work in dish wash and kitchen equipment wash
- Works closely with both the F&B team and the Culinary team so as to build a strong collaboration between various teams.
- Oversees that timeliness of dish cleaning, returning dish for reuse during high business turnover.
- Oversees that all washed equipment are clean and sanitized.
- Oversees that proper handling of all OE so as to avoid or minimise breakage
- Ensures adequate supply of operating equipment in F&B outlet through co-ordination with all F&B outlet manager, through order, delivery, and by monitoring lost through breakage or missing
Manages the cleanliness and safety of all pantry and kitchen
- Checks all kitchen equipment for cleanliness, manages the Night Cleaning Contactor to follow up on any unclean area and equipment, and conducts kitchen inspection twice a week.
- Manages the team to check on the functional operation of each dish wash machine, co-ordinates and follows up with Engineering and chemical technician for any faulty issue
- Manages the garbage collection schedule and also ensures that the recycle program is conduct as per establish
- Oversees that the kitchen floor is clean and dry at all times, looks out for any potential safety hazard issues and tries to eliminate it immediately. Should it not be successful, to notify the Executive Chef and discuss for solution
- Oversees that sanitation of all OE are done as per kitchen hygiene standard requirement
- Oversees that the work procedure in the kitchen are carry out as per HACCP requirement and the safety aspect is in line with WSH
- Manages the team to update all HACCP check-list and documentation on a daily basis
- Oversees all kitchen walk through(WSH / Hygiene / Pest-Control) and rectify all finding immediately
Management and leadership of the stewarding team
- Projects himself/herself as a positive, integrity, patient and approachable Leader.
- Makes routine round within the kitchen area daily.
- Supports the Stewarding team to be consistent in service , use a collaborative, enabling leadership style, have regular team meeting.
- Drives constant service and system improvement, be entrepreneurial.
- Uses the performance review process to identify and develop talent for growth management performance issues, using a coaching styles.
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skill, enable to communicate to all level of colleague.
- Must be able to lead the team confidently and create a lead by example culture within the team so as to gain respect from the team member.
- Manages the provision of operation supplies , cleaning equipment, and chemical, monitor and control the amount of usage.
- Induction and training of Steward Attendant and Supervisor in technical skill and process as outlined in the Keys to Success manuals.
- Coaches Steward Attendant and Supervisor to constantly improve or maintain performance, provide guidance where performance is below expectation
- Must be the team OJT Trainer and manage the training hour to reach or beyond designated hour.
- Oversees the team member grooming and personal hygiene practice to meet with hotel requirement.
- Assists the Executive Chef to control all expenditure and cost within the budget (OT / CL / Supply).
- Manages the team to adhere the Hotel recycle program.
- Offers hand-on support when situation require.
- Competency in the yearly internal and external hygiene audit, constantly reminds the team the importance of the audit and that everyone must contribute so as for the department to achieve a higher score line (departmental goal).
- Manages and oversees the OE Storeroom / Chemical Storeroom / Cleaning Supply Storeroom.
- Creates a friendly and Heartist working environment within the team and schedules one to one conversation session with all team members.
- Constantly discusses with the Assistant Executive Steward and Stewarding Supervisor to find way and mean to make improvement for the team.
- Supervises the work of the colleagues and view as approachable, fair when dealing with all the colleagues on all stewarding matters at all times.
- Assigns in detail specific duty to all colleague, instruct them in their work and communicate with Executive Chef on all aspect of the stewarding management
- Identifies, coaches and assists the career advancement of any potential individual within the team or source from outside, to ensure that the manning is fill as budgeted
- Compiles weekly colleagues' schedule and submit to Chef's Office by 12 pm every Thursday for approval.
- Monitors and schedules annual leave in a timely and effective manner, with the best intent of outlet/colleagues.
- Attends daily meetings at 10 am and all other meetings, which fall under his/her jurisdiction, follows directives given and advises Executive Chef on topics of importance.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met.
- Prepares team member yearly performance review appraisal, must exercises fairness and use a coaching style approach while completing the score.
Involvement in wider job function relationships
- To be active in learning so as to enhance personal skill and industry knowledge.
- Follows Hotel and Departmental guideline to lead the team and constantly getting feedback from team member and other colleague.
- Understands emergency procedure, health and safety requirement.
- Maintains collaborative working relationship with colleague and supervisor/manager.
- Actively involves with Hotel activity.
- Participates in departmental leadership activity as a member of the team and continually conduct training for the team member.
- Develops own knowledge and skill as a contributing member of the Stewarding team.
- Ensures that safe work practice is follow including emergency procedure.
- Must be certified with (Occupational First Aid Course).
- Actively involves with Hotel Emergency Evacuation Exercise (CERT).
- Must be able to accomplish within the timeline with any assignment given by the Executive Chef and Management.
- Replies all email promptly.
- Oversees the pest-management in the pantry and kitchen area.
- Must be able to work with an international and diverse team.
- Attends the weekly Catering Meeting, gathers surficial information, co-ordinates and manages the Stewarding team to accomplish the event with a high professionalism in supporting the Banquet Service Team and Banquet Culinary Team for the success of all events.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- Positive work attitude and with personality of integrity and perseverance to complete the task.
- OE cleanliness, kitchen hygiene level to meet with HACCP requirement.
- Skill level / capacity of the Stewarding team.
- Manages timeliness of dish cleaning, returns dish for reuse during high business volume period.
- Manages response to service and kitchen colleague needs/ complai nts
- Manages the team to adhere the Hotel recycle program.
- Positive work attitude and high level of tolerance is essential for the job.
- Good communication skills enable him/her to interact with all level of colleagues so as to assist him/her to reach his/her objective easily.
- Manages the team to obtain a high competency for all kinds of audit.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Assigns in detail the specific duties to all colleagues, instructs them in their work and communicates with the Executive Steward and duty Supervisor on all aspects of stewarding management.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.