Job description / Role
This role is responsible for building people capabilities, plan and manage talent so as to achieve shared organizational objectives set out in the HR BU. The role holder serves as the point of people expertise for their business area through being a strategic liaison between HR and the business, supporting Commercial BU in implementing the business strategy from a people perspective.
• Responsible for building people capabilities, planning and managing talent across Commercial BU, so as to achieve shared organizational objectives set out in the HR BU.
• Partner with Commercial BU to build robust talent and succession pipeline. Act as an interface between HR and Commercial, consult & coach CCO & Senior Leadership on people topics, ensure quality of critical talent processes (feedback, IDPs, performance ratings, succession planning) for the function(s) within Commercial.
• Translate business strategy and trends into talent strategy, act as the internal and external radar for the functions, follow competition, bring talent and organization benchmarks for consideration.
• Supports Commercial BU and their teams handling the HR perspective, ensuring seamless BU operations.
• Aligns business objectives with employees and management in Commercial BU.
• Contributes to the delivery of the HR Strategy and leads the communication, implementation and measurement of key people initiatives and programs for the Commercial BU.
• Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the Commercial BU financial position, strategy, culture, and future challenges – knowledge dissemination to relevant HR teams.
• Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units and periodically reports to CHRO providing relevant inputs and guidance.
• Develop meaningful relationships with key people in Commercial, and HR team members and actively influence people related decisions for the BU to improve both Operational & HR efficiency.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to Senior Management in Commercial (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation, supporting in their correct implementation at BU level
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning, among others
• Supports Business Unit leadership in identifying training needs and participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
• Collaborates with the Talent Management on the ensuring robust succession pipeline for critical roles and appropriate development and career opportunities for identified talent.
• Supports HR Business Unit in the execution of key HR processes (e.g., onboarding, talent sourcing) affecting Commercial BU by bringing the BU perspective and instilling a proactive and shared responsibility across line managers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Together with the CCO, provide input for financial and business planning exercises, work collaboratively with OD to ensure optimum organization size and design.
• Provides a continuous feedback to the HR BU about business changes and priorities in Commercial BU to enable continual development of central services that meet strategic business needs.
• Acts as the employee experience champion for the BU, working together with management and HR teams to solve conflicts and help facilitate positive employee relations maintain a good working environment, build morale, and decrease unwanted turnover.
• Act as the People Champion of the BU who advocates for Employees and push back when needed in line with Business & HR objectives.
• Acts as primary point of contact to CHRO on all people related matters in Commercial BU.
• Holds a general understanding of Business Partners division progress and initiatives.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 12 years' experience preferably in a similar role, or as an HR generalist.
• 4-6 years of experience in Business Partnering for a Commercial Division in a Telco or similar.
• Deep understanding of Telecom/ICT Business.
• Previous experience of acting as a confidant to senior management whilst maintaining credibility and acceptance at all levels of the organization.
• Strong business acumen and ability to connect Business prerogatives with aspects of HR.
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.