Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
Plan, Supervise, control, manage, direct all the task for the engineering department which includes, installation, maintenance for all the systems like mechanical, electrical, plumbing, water features etc. throughout the facility to ensure safe and effective operation.
Example of Duties, Essential Functions
40 % - Supervise programs involving MEP systems and general construction, repair and maintenance of the existing facility and equipment, operation of plant utilities
25 % - Assigns, supervises, and verifies completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure of hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facility. Visually inspects quality of work and assigns staff and directs outside contractors in tasks according to performance and productivity standards.
10 % - Hires, disciplines, counsels, trains engineering staff.
10 % - Communicates effectively with city officials to ensure proper maintenance of permits and licenses, coordinating inspections with the appropriate department.
10 % - Acts as a liaison between hotel and vendors to review latest in hotel technology and products. Attends Engineering conventions to educate self in latest products to be used in the hotel to increase guest satisfaction and cut costs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
Assumes responsibilities of your superior and other supervisors in their absences.
Due to the nature of the business the Manager may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the management.
Assimilate the Accor Mission, Vision & Values culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager."
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
Duty Engineer, team leaders, maintenance planer, Supervisor HVAC Technician, Electrician, Electronic Technician, BMS/Fire Alarm Technician, Ken Fixit, Plumber, Kitchen & Laundry Technician, Handyman, Carpenter, Painter, etc.,
Manage all Technicians in Engineering Department.
Specific Job knowledge, skill ad ability
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills necessary to interpret electrical, mechanical and building systems.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to analyze their design and intent and performance. Considerable knowledge of construction and building systems.
- Ability to analyze trends in utility consumption report and predict energy forecast and to set up energy conservation programs.
- Ability to write and speak the English language to comprehend and communicate job functions to engineering staff.
- Develop department Policy and procedure.
- Oversee and manage all the team members and departmental activities.
- Ensure sustainability factor on day to day activity.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation and to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- Ability to instruct subordinates and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to translate technical information or problems into layman's terms.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure all the maintenance activities are done as per the schedule.
- Working closely with team and provide required resources to effectively execute the job.
- Train team members as needed.
- Act as liaison between third party contractor and department.
- Prepare the dashboard, and monitor progress towards various task.
- Preform the technical evaluation for the materials, spare etc and obtain approval of DOE.
- Contribute organization emergency response plan and business continuity plan.
Qualification standards education
- Engineering level graduate or equivalent required.
- Five years' experience in the same field in hospitality.
Licenses or Certificates
- Certified Facilities Manager, Project management, First Aid with CPR, Health and Safety Etc.
- All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.