Job description / Role
Assistant Group Director of Procurement (Global Sports Event Qatar 2022 - Accommodation Services)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT (fixed term contract until January 2023)
What's in it for you?
Take the fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizon outside the common hotel environment and play your role in delivering high quality hospitality services embedded in one of the world's most popular sports events. Benefit from this exceptional experience by advancing your skills, know-how and future career.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the Group Director of Procurement in setting up a system to effectively control departmental procedures
- To control that all procurement policies and procedures are followed and in compliance with local regulations
- To ensure that all contracts and agreements with external parties are recorded and maintained
- To support the Group Director of Procurement in the daily running of the Procurement department with a team of 20 plus employees
- To control that monthly reports are correct, in line with policies and procedures and submitted within the deadline
- Ensuring a professional collaboration with other departments and third parties
- You will directly report to the Group Director of Procurement.
Your experience and skills include:
- Experience in procurement in the hospitality sector is a must, preferably in Qatar
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), any additional language is a plus
- At least 8 years of procurement experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position in a large-scale property
- A proven track record of creating, executing and completion of strategic procurement
- Demonstration of strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience producing procurement process documentation
- Strong expertise in the supply chain strategy process
- Overseeing optimal supplier performance
- Developing and nurturing important supplier relations
- Good stakeholder relations - both internal and external
- High standards of customer service
- Commercially aware
- Budget preparation and management
- Good negotiation skills
- Forward-thinking and driven
- Experience in working on complex projects, creating solutions and delivering value for the business
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment needing decisive problem-solving, and the a bility to work well under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong work ethics
- Streamlining procurement practices to increase efficiency
- Completion of financial processes from PO raising through to reconciling of budget lines and completion
- Highly responsible & reliable
- A hands-on approach is essential
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Procurement Software Systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in leading larger teams of 20 plus members
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.