Job description / Role
Assistant Group Director of Welfare, Safety and Security (Global Sports Event Qatar 2022 - Accommodation
What's in it for you?
Take the fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizon outside the common hotel business and play your role in delivering high quality hospitality services embedded in one of the world's most popular sports events. Benefit from this exceptional experience by advancing your skills, know-how and future career.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the Group Director of Welfare, Safety and Security in overseeing the organization's safety and security operations department.
- Conducts performance evaluations for security staff that are timely and constructive.
- Reviews, revises, maintains, and implements the organization's fire prevention, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- Conducts inspections to identify fire, safety, and security risks; recommends and implements solutions.
- Conducts risk management audits and asset loss investigations.
- Coordinates with local law enforcement and safety staff as required to support and/or conduct investigations and prosecutions.
- Drafts and submits reports and work orders related to fire, safety, and security operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Group Director of Welfare, Safety and Security
Your experience and skills include:
- Experience in the hospitality sector is desired, experience in Qatar is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Law Enforcement, Business Management, or related field required.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), any additional language is a plus
- At least five years of safety/security experience in a large scale property
- Advanced training or certification in safety and security preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Confident with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of fire prevention, safety, and security operations.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.