Job description / Role
- Develop and implement inventory operational standards for staff compliance. Control of Inventory team, Goods In/ Out & Systems departments to ensure stock integrity is kept at all time.
- Monitor warehouse stock checks including picking / shipping.
- Manage all damaged products ensuring all damaged cases are properly received and/or segregated, labelled, moved into designated damage container(s) / locations (s). Ensure damaged cases are moved properly in Exceed.
- Ensure the provision of system generated reports checked by the Stock Controllers to the Quality Control Team for verification.
- Ensure spontaneous resolving of discrepancies observed by the stock controllers and quality coordinators. Alternately avails a plan of action for sorting discrepancies.
- Provide required reports and records, technical advice and guidance on materials related issues.
- Daily verify and review the KPI’s and dashboard.
- Regulate data updated on the system to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate with Operations / Transport Coordinators to clarify client queries in the absence of the Transportation Officer.
- Coordinate with the Stock Controllers on matters of system and operational anomalies and stock replenishments.
- Furnish Monthly/Weekly Inventory Balance/Expiry reports to the clients.
- Prepare, organize and create master items, new item code creation and cataloguing system for new clients / projects. Review and update description / pert number / Pak-key / CBM for each item.
- Carry out stock adjustment and stock transfer transaction.
- Review stock level and confirm ordering Qty. as per set parameters.
- Perform root cause analysis for inventory discrepancies if any and recommended corrective action.
- Prepare list of obsolete / non-moving items and submit with necessary documents for committee approvals.
- Utilize computer systems to electronically track inventory flow, scan stock, and reconcile inventory. Maintain positive work relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure smooth business operations.
- Address and resolve staff or client complaints/grievances to protect the reputation of Milaha Logistics and ensure a satisfied clientele. Record daily deliveries and shipment to maintain information required for periodic inventory reconciliation.
- Assign and delegate job tasks to inventory personnel to ensure operational objectives are achieved. Create and maintain spreadsheets for the report and analysis of data.
- Provide written reports and results of data analysis to senior management. Offer recommendations to management on operational policies and objectives required for improved performance.
- Carry out inventory analysis controlling Min/Max management, identifying materials for long term purchase agreements.
- Produce stock analysis reports to maintain the optimum inventory level.
- Coordinate and manage daily physical cycle count and annum wall to wall count.
- Focused on time, making sure every item of stock gets to its destination on time, and that there are no shortages on shelves. Use WMS to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory, report to upper management on stock levels, issues.
- Coordinate the risk assessment for all the major activities of MLC and suggest the proper measures are taken to reduce the risk to an acceptable limit.
- Coordinate along with QA/QC team the internal / external audit and conduct root cause analysis of any non-conformity. Provide /implement corrective & preventive actions to close out any non-conformity promptly and effectively. Review Company’s current Management system procedures constantly against onsite applications.
- Investigate work related near misses, incidents and accidents proactively and make recommendations to the management.
- Assist in the implementation of departmental processes to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements.
- Implement and actively enforce compliance to work processes to ensure the health and safety of employees and the protection of the environment.
- Perform any other job-related function as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Business Management preferably in Supply Chain Management with strong analytic and mathematic skills.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 Years’ experience in a similar role of Inventory.
- Operations background in Warehousing preferably with experience in contract logistics (3PL).
- Expert understanding of all activities in warehouse operation management.
- Experience in using modern WMS systems including barcoding, Master data, RF etc.
- Experience of storage systems and Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- PC literate (Excel, Outlook, data entry).
- English is a must, Arabic, Urdu and Hindi optional.
- Understanding of Good Warehouse practice (Safe handling and operations, Material Handling Equipment – MHE, racking,)
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.