Job description / Role
• Management and administration of the customers’ warehouse operational process including liaising with customers to ensure all queries are dealt with professionally and within service level agreement.
• Daily control of Inventory team, Goods In/ Out & Systems departments to ensure stock integrity is kept at all time.
• Ensure service standards for Goods In and order despatch are maintained and all processes followed by staff.
• Deputise for the warehouse and distribution department Head in their absence, including managing staff and handling all queries.
• Maintain and monitor stock and assist in the implementation of new Warehouse Management System.
• Build, sustain, and develop good working relationships; guide and inspire employees, maximizing employee potential and fostering high standards in accordance with company's values, principles, and goals.
• Establish work schedules, assign jobs, train staff; coach, counsel, and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
• Lead a team of inventory or warehouse workers to receive and record new stock as it comes in, and move stock onto trucks or store shelves as needed. create schedules, monitor stock levels at the warehouse and know when to replenish stock.
• Motivate and monitor staff performance, ensuring peak staff for the peak period(s) are effectively trained and directed on a daily basis.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and organisation throughout the warehouse(s) units, with a strong emphasis on Health and Safety.
• Focused on time, making sure every item of stock gets to its destination on time, and that there are no shortages on shelves. Use WMS to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory, report to upper management on stock levels, issues.
• Hands-on and "can do" approach to all tasks within the warehouse and where the warehouse operation interfaces with other functions. Provide safe and secure work environment through employee training and safety inspections.
• Understand, implement, and monitor all Company policies, procedures, and standards. Ensure maintain / complying with internal and external audit and control standards as per Milaha and customers’ requirements.
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with onsite customers and other key stakeholders.
• Assist with evaluating performance of employees, providing feedback verbally and in writing.
• Support activities related to the handling, maintenance and distribution of materials stored in cold storage (chiller +1 to +7 and frozen -22 to -28) and other facilities within the cold chain.
• Collaborate with customers, vendors, internal business partners and other stakeholders to identify customer requirements, assess impact/scope, compare costs and benefits, recommend solutions to managers and manage tasks through completion.
Education & Professional Qualification
• Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Business Management preferably in Supply Chain Management with strong analytic and mathematic skills.
• Professional Experience
• Operations background in Warehousing preferably with experience in contract logistics (3PL).
• Expert understanding of Inventory Control.
• Experience in using modern WMS systems including barcoding, Master data, RF etc.
• Experience of storage systems and Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
• Minimum of 5 – 8 Years’ experience in a similar role.
• PC literate (Excel, Outlook, data entry).
• English is a must, Arabic, Urdu and Hindi optional.
• Understanding of Good Warehouse practice (Safe handling and operations, Material Handling Equipment – MHE, racking,).
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Developer / Logistics Solutions
Milaha Qatar Navigation
Supply Chain Manager
Logistics and Transportation Manager
A Leading Transport, Distribution and Logistics Company in UAE
Supply Chain Manager