Job description / Role
• Coordinate, direct and monitor the cleaners in their duties of hospitals and campuses in Clinical and Non-Clinical housekeeping – patient and non-patient areas, dusting, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, cleaning walls, floors, furniture and fittings by use of manual and electrically powered tools and equipment.
• Monitor standards of cleanliness and establish ways to meet expectations.
• Plan and deliver schedules for more specific needs such as a Planned Preventive Maintenance schedules and provision for special events.
• Maintain supplies of cleaning materials and equipment, keeping a check of requirements and placing orders to maintain stock levels.
• Interdepartmental liaising within the HMC and Acciona, to allow for smooth communication and enhance operations, and implement best practices.
• Manage and seek out improved solutions and innovations.
• Maintain awareness of, and work within, budgets for staff and equipment.
• Hold staff start briefings and guide Senior Supervisors and Supervisors to do the same.
• Take and keep appropriate notes of discussions, meetings and actions, in order to be able to review progress.
• Provide on the job Operational trainings to staff in relation to expected standards and quality of hospital cleaning and Health and Safety requirements.
• Conduct probation review and appraisals and dealing with staff disciplinary issues appropriately, through timely discussions, interviews and investigation, referring to the HR department for support.
• Obtain and use a good working knowledge of the department’s time and attendance system in order to monitor this for all staff.
• Monitor and manage staff absences and turnover, ensure coverage, and promote good staff attendance at all times.
• Communicate appropriate ‘need to know’ information with staff at all levels appropriately.
• Represent the Operations Manager, as and when required.
• Prepare Management Reports under the guidance of Operations Managers.
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma with 5 years’ extensive experience in facility management within healthcare sector.
• A minimum of 5 years’ relevant management / supervisory experience in delivering soft facilities management services within a diverse and geographically spread property portfolio.
• Understanding of Soft Facilities Management services within the Sector.
About the Company
ACCIONA is one of Spain's principal business groups and a leader in the fields of infrastructure development and management, renewable energy, water and services.
With a century of history, and more than 30,000 professionals, it operates in over 30 countries on the five continents. ACCIONA is included in Spain\'s blue-chip Ibex 35 index and is a core stock in the market (see Financial Information).
ACCIONA's positioning as a pioneer in development and sustainability expresses its capacity to respond to the challenge of attaining sustainable development through all its areas of activity. One of its specific commitments is to steadily reduce its carbon footprint and lead the transition to a low-carbon economy. ACCIONA\'s activities and businesses avoid millions of metric tons of emissions every year (see Emissions Meter). The Sustainability Master Plan develops the Company's sustainability strategy.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations Director - Facility Management
General Manager - Facilities Management
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality