Job description / Role
Stantec is currently looking for an Assistant Resident Engineer with a QA/QC background for the Flood Prevention Scheme Project in Qatar.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• Responsible for reviewing the design proposals, work program, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, payments, variation orders and claims etc.
• Effectively manage the site supervision staffs during construction & ensuring the works are being carried out according to the Contract specifications.
• Ensure monitoring on the quality of materials and workmanships installed, operated and maintained.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Liaise with Client, Project Management and Contractor for resolution of project issues, in addition to concerned Authorities when required.
• Strong understanding of operation and control philosophies of surge protection devices, capable to review & approval of Contractor submittals for hydraulic studies & calculations, pumps, surge vessels, control valves.
• Supervise, review, monitor and report on progress.
• Ensure the site safety practices
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports
• Familiarity with conditions of contract, quality assurance.
• Liaise with client, co-ordination with Governmental Organization and other Consultants/Contractors
• Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
• Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years as an ARE in infrastructure works and water projects.
• Excellent command in English
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
• Strong team working capabilities.
• Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
• Be of the highest caliber: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec's policies, procedures and working practices.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.