Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for talented Assistant Resident Engineer - Roads to join our award winning team based on our project in Doha, Qatar.
This role will be responsible for performing all administrative and operational functions necessary for da ily operation s o f the project in addition to providing site assistance to the Resident Engineer (RE) a n d representing KEO in communications with the client on a regular basis.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Assign duties and supervise staff on a daily basis ensuring contractor activities are adequately covered.
- Review, understand and implement on site contract drawings and specifications.
- Implement KEO HSSE site safety standards and procedures daily with contractors.
- Effectively communicate project milestones and goals with staff.
- Prepare and manage project reports to facilitate progress of the work's quality technical conformance, safety and other matters.
- Supervise and inspect site works on a daily basis with continuous monitoring of the labour working in critical areas for all matters of quality, safety and progress in compliance with procedures.
- Assist RE with correspondence, submittals and RFI's to the contractors.
- Prepare, submit and manage non-conformance and site deficiency notifications to site manager for their issuance to the contractor.
- Support site manager in daily meetings with the Contractors representative for 'Request for Inspections (RFI's) in accordance with the Contractor's short term look ahead schedules
- Assist R E and QS team in negotiations with the contractor regarding the value of claims or change in work schedules.
- Attend progress meetings held at the site as required by the Senior Resident Engineer (SRE).
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 10 years' career experience partnered with a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
Significant experience in roads projects is essential.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.