Job description / Role
JOB PURPOSE / ROLE:
Support the Manager - Business Transformation in developing, implementing and maintaining the company's risk management framework.
- Develop the corporate risk management framework and related policies to comply with company’s strategy and plans.
- Develop the tools and systems for Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and prepare all related data to calculate the key risks for the organization using a standardized approach.
- Contribute to the development of a robust risk management function by identifying, measuring, monitoring and controlling risks proactively.
- Develop risk monitoring plans to determine steps to address risks and ensure prioritising issues based on level of exposure.
- Collate and analyse the risk registers from various departments within QPM and prepare reports highlighting areas requiring senior management intervention.
- Develop recommendations for corrective actions based on risk review findings and support the departments in developing risk mitigation plans as required.
- Identify and assess emerging risk trends in the marketplace and within the company’s operations in particular, and to adopt the appropriate risk management and mitigation processes.
- Assist with the development and implementation of business continuity management plans based on international standards to ensure that critical business functions continue working without any disruption.
- Liaise with the QPM IT team to ensure that business continuity management software and IT disaster recovery plans are aligned with the overall risk management and BCM plans for the company.
- Assist Manager - Business Transformation in developing the corporate asset insurance strategy for the group.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of risk management systems and processes taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Prepare and submit reports highlighting the overall performance related to the risk management framework and related initiatives to the Manager - Business Transformation for review.
- Perform any other ad- hoc duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Manager - Business Transformation as per the business requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, General Management, Risk Management or related discipline is required.
- Masters in Risk Management, Business Management or any other related discipline will be preferred.
- At least 10 years’ of relevant experience in Risk Management / Business Continuity Management or related field is required.
- Previous experience in Real Estate industry is highly desirable.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Strong awareness of market dynamics.
- Strong project management skills.
- Technical skills to validate risk models including but not limited to (SAS, R, Matlab, Python, etc.).
- Ability to develop business case-like approach to influence peers and senior management.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, and assessing business practices and processes with regard to information protection, risk management, and standards compliance.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Analytical and problem - solving abilities.
- Detail and result oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work well under pressure within timeframes.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written in English is required.
- Arabic skills will be preferred.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Risk Management Consultant
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Project Manager (Villa Project)
Ignite Search & Selection
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Project Accounting Assistant
Risk Management Consultant
NSI & Bluefin Talent