Job description / Role
• Provide administrative support including: budgeting, filing, scheduling of meetings, meeting reports and minutes.
• Track and maintain job scheduling of contractors, service staff, security staff and any other staff designated by COO.
• Maintain school contracts and renewals
• Responsible for effective school-wide procurement of services, materials and supplies in order to maximize cost efficiencies, price leverage and quality while also identifying and mitigating risk to the school.
• Maintain a continuous workflow to process requisitions and meet critical timelines.
• Source and investigate pricing of supplies and present for approval.
• Evaluate and monitor supplier shipping schedules and expedite purchase orders as needed to achieve on-time-delivery.
• Resolve purchase orders, receiving errors, and assist with invoice reconciliation.
• Supervise with purchasing materials, equipment and supplies from suppliers, including inventory, drop-shipped items and non-inventory items.
• Conduct and Maintain inventory of school assets.
• Maintain register of all school assets, tools and tag equipment, furniture, IT inventory, books, and school laboratory assets.
• Build transparency of supplier spend and key risks related to the school’s suppliers.
• Provide accurate and timely local supplier negotiations and contracting based on defined category selection criteria (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
• Be proactive and manage internal and external customer/supplier performance and expectations. (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service).
• Maintain inventory of all items at the school.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Typing and word processing (Use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
• Use of project management tools and scheduling of maintenance and cleaning operations
• Translating skills – English - Arabic
• Thorough understanding of school operations.
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to coordinate campus support operations.
• Ability to manage budget and personnel.
• Ability to coordinate campus functions.
• Ability to implement policy and procedures.
• Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
About the Company
Michael E. DeBakey High School - Qatar (DHSHP at Qatar) is an award winning high school, offering students a college preparatory curriculum in science, mathematics, and medical science. It is an alternative to the traditional high school experience that prepares students for careers in medicine and science. In collaboration with the Outstanding Schools Oversight Committee (OSOC) of the Supreme Education Council (SEC), DHSHP was invited to bring the first medical science focused high school in the Middle East.