Job description / Role
Our client is a private equity fund based in Qatar which focuses on African investments; they are bullish on the African continent and are looking to hire an Associate 1 who identifies with their belief of potential on the African continent.
Our client is a private equity fund with experienced bulge bracket investment bankers at the helm, who have significant African deal-making experience and have worked in global financial hubs. They place a high degree of importance on numeric ability, initiative, and the willingness & ability to take ownership of work and projects.
The role presents an opportunity to join a PE fund in Qatar which has access to capital and is targeted on the underserviced African continent. The Associate 1 will take primary ownership of financial modelling and be secondarily involved in investment screening, execution, portfolio management and exit readiness.
The ideal candidate will currently be an experienced Analyst 2/ Analyst 3/ Associate 1 at an Investment Bank (or recently transitioned to Private Equity), and have significant exposure to M&A transactions across sectors (Infrastructure as a sector is key).
The Associate will:
* Analyse investment opportunities against investment criteria and evaluate key drivers and commercial assumptions
* Run financial modelling of structures & returns for investment opportunities
* Run commercial due diligence on investment opportunities, and assist the team in managing and reviewing the work of third party due diligence (e.g. financial and legal)
* Prepare equity syndication & debt financing materials
* Prepare the Investment Memorandum for review by the Investment Committee
* Develop business specific knowledge and an understanding of how value is created within a business
* Assist the team in structuring and managing exits
* Contribute to the sourcing of new investment opportunities
* Work on research related to specific industries and transactions
Excellent transaction exposure, globally competitive pay, a career
* Will have a total of 2.5 - 3.5 years' of relevant work experience - this will be entirely at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, or a combination of previously being at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank and now a relevant Private Equity Firm
* Will have deal experience (M&A) within the infrastructure sector; if not infrastructure, must be willing to demonstrate a strong case for why sectoral experience is transferable
* Will take ownership & have proven experience in ground-up financial modelling - DCF, M&A Models, Accretion Dilution Analysis, Comparables Analysis & other forms of valuation along with Waterfall fee structures (implying advanced Excel skills).
* Will have an excellent academic track record from top-tier institutions; will be Degree qualified and preferably have an MBA/ CFA
* Will preferably be a strong communicator in English; French is a plus (due to exposure to French speaking countries)
* Will have excellent communication and presentation skills - an ability to present views clearly and concisely
* Will demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Will have a passion to work in Private Equity and motivation to progress with the firm
* Will have commendable work ethic - the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Associate - Private Credit Investments
Gold Standard DMCC
Private Banking - Operations Manager
Analyst - Financial Markets
Swisslinx Middle East