Associate Director – Data Analytics Transformation and Data Governance
Job description / Role
• Conduct data management maturity assessments and identify pain points for capabilities including data governance operating model, data architecture, data quality, metadata management, master data management, etc.;
• Build future state data & governance strategy and roadmaps;
• Define desired future state view of Data & governance. This will include recommendations for business capabilities, organizational adjustments and technical components to support Data governance. Using the results of the current state assessment and the proposed future state, we will identify gaps between the current state and proposed future state;
• Define Data governance roles and responsibilities required to operate;
• Develop Data governance principles, policies, standards and procedures;
• Provide thought leadership, frameworks, best practices required to deliver effective data governance solutions to clients;
• Demonstrate a rigorous, and analytical problem-solving approach, leading information gathering
• Exceptional knowledge of the data analytics process, from data understanding, cleansing, transformation, interpretation and presentation.
• Applying risk and compliance analytics to drive decision making for our clients, helping them to better manage risks, optimize processes and build trust with their stakeholders.
• Strong understanding and experience with data analytics tools, such as Alteryx, ACL, R, Python, Qlik Sense, Power BI and SQL Server.
• Ability to partner with clients to discover the value of their data in the context of their business.
• Excellent acuity when interpreting risk analytics and strong presentation skills when delivering business insights.
• Mentoring of Consultants and Senior Consultants, in regards to data analytics and business acumen.
• Adept in conducting sessions and preparing and delivering client presentations and work products/prototypes.
• Analytical mind with sound business insight, excellent communicator (verbal and written) with particular emphasis on communicating technical complexity to both technical and non-technical audiences, highly meticulous, and self-motivated;
• Self-starter, flexible with a proven ability to work well in teams, as well as being able to function with minimal supervision. People management experience is a plus;
• Enable the candidate to be a credible counterpart to business managers and senior management, and the ability to develop on-going ‘trusted advisor’ relationships based on the ability to understand, analyze, discuss and address key business challenges raised.
• Act as a key participant in project management and tracking including effort estimation, regular meetings with Project Managers and developers, creating test plans, project plans and implementation plans, as well as tracking project through Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Actively contribute to the further growth through identification of business opportunities and support go-to-market activities
• Be accountable for understanding business stakeholders’ data requirements; documenting data interfaces and data mappings; analysing and interpreting data; understand and participate in data sourcing activities; act as Data SME
• Develop business and technical requirement documents; design and execute Data Quality checks; support Data modelling; maintain Business Metadata
• Collaborate with developers to ensure specifications are understood and followed
• Support quality assurance and user acceptance testing; provide postproduction support for both maintenance and enhancement solutions
• Proactively participate and help to lead the team and coach other development teams in IT to enforce standards in all development initiatives involving data modelling, data quality, data dictionary consistency for all data elements and meta data management
• Define technical requirements for the development team; define data needs and identify sources
• Lead the design and storyboarding of analytics and AI use-cases; lead the development of proof of concepts and/or pilots
• Lead and build analytics and AI models and systems, interpret output, communicate analysis results, help articulate value proposition
• Bachelor’s Degree with strong data management
• Preference will be given for Masters candidate.
• 9+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modelling) with experience including the following tools: Informatica DQ, Colibra, etc
• Preference will be given to candidates having strong experience in Education and the Higher Education sector.
• Having DCAM, DAMA certificate or data management related certificate
• Strong PC skills: SAS, R SQL query and database familiarity; MS Office applications, including advanced spreadsheet and VBA
• Preferably FEMALE ARAB, others EUROPEAN/EAST ASIAN (Singapore, China etc.)
About the Company
Baker Tilly Middle East & JFC Group is a leading professional group practicing in various domains including Assurance, Advisory & Consulting and specified, highly technical services for Industries, Businesses and Service Level Organizations for than 45 years. JFC Group is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and operates as one firm through its 50 offices across the Middle East & Africa region including - U.A.E, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar & Seychelles, branded as "Baker Tilly" within Baker Tilly JFC Group of companies.
Baker Tilly is an independent member firm of Baker Tilly International, the world’s tenth largest accountancy and business advisory network of outstanding firms. Dealing with Baker Tilly means dealing with the whole world at one place, for seamless services are provided through worldwide offices of the member firms around the Globe.
Supply Chain, Data Analyst
|Abu Dhabi||24 Mar|
Data Engineer - Data Ingestion SSIS, Azure
Analytics and BI Manager
|Saudi Arabia||5 Apr|
Data Science Manager (Marketing Dept)
|Saudi Arabia||6 Mar|
Business Development Manager - HR Technology