Job description / Role
Associate Director – Legislative Counsel – Doha, Qatar
You will be primarily responsible for contributing to the work of the Unit in the development of the Regulatory and Legislative regime, through the Drafting of Laws, Regulations, Rules, Guidance, and other Legislative Instruments within the Financial Sector and Regulatory Services environments.
• Research and Draft Legislation
• Provide effective and efficient Legislative Drafting and Advisory Services
• Ensure that the Legislation Maintenance and Publication function is carried out effectively and efficiently
• Provide assistance in the Interpretation of Legislation and help other departments comply with Governing Legislation
• Anticipate areas for further Legal Clarification, and suggest Changes
• Work as part of the Division and contribute to the achievement of divisional objectives
• Contribute, as appropriate, to the achievement of general objectives and engagement with other Stakeholders in Qatar and the region
• Contribute to the ongoing Improvement of Processes and Systems, and of the quality of services provided, in relation to Legislative Drafting and Publishing
• Coach and Train Members of the Division and support the Nationalisation Strategy.
• Degree in Law, such as LLB, LLM or Juris Doctor
• Admission, or eligibility for Admission, to Practice Law in a developed Legal Jurisdiction
• At least 12 years’ experience in drafting Acts, Regulations, Rules or comparable Legal Instruments in English (looking at Drafts of Legislation prepared by others and involves a detailed, critical Analysis of Drafts, together with Redrafting, Guidance, Training and actively assisting in the Legislative development).
• Will also consider Candidates with 5-12 yrs experience for Senior Associates level.
• Must have Legal and Legislative Drafting and Editorial skills, in English, of a high order
• Strong Analytical skills, including the ability to Critically Analyse and fully understand what is involved in a Policy Proposal both at the level of the ideas and the level of detail
• Experience in working, and decision-making, under pressure in a small team environment
• High degree of accuracy in all forms of communication
• Attention to detail, commitment to precision and thoroughness, persistence
• Experience in Project Management and proven ability to complete tasks to tight deadlines
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Any Nationality
If suitable and interested in this excellent opportunity, please forward updated CV’s in word.doc format for review. Alternatively, should you know anyone suitable and interested, please kindly refer across. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days.
About the Company
Global Bankers Search & Selection Ltd provides specialist recruitment services to Clients in the Banking and Financial Services sector. We work with a diverse range of Organisations and have an excellent track-record of identifying and attracting high-calibre, mid senior executive level Candidates based globally for Permanent, Interim and Contract positions. We also offer a comprehensive, bespoke Search and Selection and Mapping Service.
Our Consultants are experienced professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, so they fully understand the kinds of challenges you face. Our searches span the UK / GCC / MENA / Far East / Asia Pacific Regions. Our network of contacts includes talented professionals within, but not limited to, the following specialisms:
Finance & Accounting Investment Banking / Investment Management Retail Banking Islamic Banking Corporate & Commercial Banking Private Banking & Wealth Management Treasury IT into Finance HR into Banking & Finance Mortgage & Secured Loans Brokerages Lenders & Packagers
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Lawyer with Experience Drafting Legislation
Senior Legal Counsel - Arabic Fluent
Legal Associate (Construction)
Bilingual Legal Counsel
|Abu Dhabi||14 Dec|