Job description / Role
Associate Director - Macroprudential Analysis – Qatar.
You will be responsible for assessing and analysing Key Global, Regional and Domestic Macro-Economic, Financial and Political developments and trends, as well as relevant International Regulatory and Infrastructural developments. Senior Research role contributing to Macroprudential Analysis deliverables, including providing Data, Research, Analytics and Written Analysis; and contributing to Department Strategy and Planning Direction for Deliverables; and managing Direct Report(s).
• Master’s degree in Economics or Finance with significant Applied Research experience and solid foundation in Applied Economics and Econometrics as well as Statistical Analysis
• Minimum of 10 - 15 years in Financial Stability, Macroprudential Analysis, Market Surveillance, and Macroeconomic Research with outstanding Technical Writing experience and strong Research, Analytical, and Quantitative skills
• Strong understanding and experience covering Macroeconomics, Financial Stability, Financial Economics, Macroprudential Policies, Financial Risk Management, Financial Sector Supervision and Regulation, and Banking and Financial Institutions;
• Advanced Competency in Microsoft Excel and experience in using STATA, R, or other comparable Statistical Software in order to apply Advanced Economic Analysis to Financial and Economic Data
• Excellent Organizational and Presentation skills and professional Communication skills
• Detail-oriented, be able to handle multiple tasks, have strong time management skills, and remain focused on department goals and objectives
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and ownership of Assignments, produce results under tight time constraints, and respond proactively to evolving priorities
• Familiarity with national and regional data and data sources as well as an understanding of the domestic and regional economic and financial landscape would be preferred, but not required.
If suitable and interested in this excellent opportunity, please forward updated CV’s in word.doc format for review. Alternatively, should you know anyone suitable and interested, please kindly refer across. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days.
About the Company
Global Bankers Search & Selection Ltd provides specialist recruitment services to Clients in the Banking and Financial Services sector. We work with a diverse range of Organisations and have an excellent track-record of identifying and attracting high-calibre, mid senior executive level Candidates based globally for Permanent, Interim and Contract positions. We also offer a comprehensive, bespoke Search and Selection and Mapping Service.
Our Consultants are experienced professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, so they fully understand the kinds of challenges you face. Our searches span the UK / GCC / MENA / Far East / Asia Pacific Regions. Our network of contacts includes talented professionals within, but not limited to, the following specialisms:
Finance & Accounting Investment Banking / Investment Management Retail Banking Islamic Banking Corporate & Commercial Banking Private Banking & Wealth Management Treasury IT into Finance HR into Banking & Finance Mortgage & Secured Loans Brokerages Lenders & Packagers