Job description / Role
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client's audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
EY's Audit business is recruiting across Associate and Senior ranks, to start between July and October 2019 in Qatar.
Your key responsibilities
- As a member of the Audit team you will participate in audit engagements, working effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- You will also help prepare for meetings with target management teams, and participate in these meetings, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Actively establishing internal and external relationships, and identifying and escalating potential business opportunities for EY will be essential, as well contributing to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining assurance professionals.
- With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate.
- You'll confirm that the work delivered to clients is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record, including a degree and professional qualification, such as ACCA, CPA, CA
- At least 2 years of professional experience in an audit, accounting or finance role
Ideally you'll also have
- Track record with a leading audit firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we can offer you
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.