Assurance Manager - HSE
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
To facilitate the effective implementation of the Enterprise Management System within the location operations in a manner that meets both corporate, location and contractual requirements.
- Acts as the Management Representative at location level on matters relating to the occupational, health and safety management systems, reporting to the Location Director - Qatar, with functional reporting to the Regional Assurance Business Partner (Asia & Middle East)
- Strengthen and lead the Worley HSE function within the Qatar Operations to ensure effective engagement and coaching of the staff and stakeholders in the company's health, safety and environmental management principles and objectives.
- Ensures the promotion of awareness of, and compliance to, Occupational and Safety Legislation and customer requirements throughout the location.
- Facilitate the effective implementation of the Enterprise Management System within the location operations in a manner that meets both corporate, location and contractual requirements.
- Develop relationships to work closely with the Location and associated Project Management Teams and the global Worley HSE Community.
- Responsible for the creation/maintenance of departmental guidelines.
- Contribute to inter-discipline, client, vendor, or interdivision dispute resolution.
Worley, Vision, Purpose & Values
- Understands and communicates Worley' vision and strategy and translates the strategy into practical goals and objectives for people in his/her team
Industry Specific Experience:
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- A thorough knowledge of the regulations, codes and standards (American, British and other International Codes, Standards and Specifications) and a good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices.
- Experience in brown fields & asset services type project / contracts.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of Occupational Health & Safety Management and the implementation and improvement of management systems.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Extensive work experience at a lead level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 20 years industry experience including extensive experience in HSE and integrity management, and or closely related fields of HSE Management.
- Minimum 12 years' experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 8 years' experience as Project HSE Management
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related Project Delivery
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the Middle East Experience with interfacing with other disciplines, i.e. electrical, process, rotating mechanical, civil, static mechanical and technical.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.