Job description / Role
The AV Engineer will be based on-site and will provide onsite engineering services to include troubleshooting, installation and maintenance of electronic communication systems including but not limited to video conferencing, audiovisual, prelection, pro audio, video control.
Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation and operation of all aspects of audiovisual, video conference, display and presentation technologies.
• Able to identify and describe typical systems, their components, cables and terminations used in AV systems
• AV System knowledge gained in service or operational environment
• Experience operating, troubleshooting and supporting a variety of AV systems
• Experience with AV tools, common test equipment, and commissioning requirements
• Understanding of control system software
• Understanding of DSP and related software
• AVIXA Technologist Certification or ability to complete it within 6 months of hire date
• Extensive experience in operating, troubleshooting and supporting a variety of AV systems including event environments
• Proficient with room booking and fault ticketing systems
• Ability to read, understand and convey schematics from CAD files
• Experience or training on DSP’s and related software including, but not limited to; QSC, BiAmp, Clearone, Dante, Audinate, Polycom Sound Structure, etc.
• Training on VC systems, codecs, and software including, but not limited to; Cisco, Polycom, Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Bluejeans, Teams, Google Hangouts etc.
• Experience with remote monitoring tools including, but not limited to; Barco Overture, QSC, Medialon, Isaac
• AVIXA CTS Technology Specialist or ability to complete it within 6 months of hire date
• Experience and training on typical digital signage systems, tools and associated networks
• Bachelor of Information Technology or equivalent
• Similar work experience from 5-7 Years.
• Preferable Certified Technology Specialist (CTS®)
• High level of customer service skills dealing with clients at all levels.
• Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure.
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
• Basic numeric skills.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors.
• Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication.
• Ability to travel between sites with official client transport service
• Ability to be detail-oriented and work without supervision.
• College degree in a related technical field a plus
• Strong desire to learn.
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft suite of products
• May include occasional weekend and after-hours work
• Occasional travel for site work, training and team meetings
About the Company
Founded in 2002 as a systems integration company, Vision Valley has since diversified and expanded to become a leader in solutions and services for the Middle East and North Africa telecommunications, networking and information technology industries, Our areas of expertise lie in next-generation technologies such as mobile applications, unified communications, networking and wireless connectivity.
Our services include site surveys, installation, commissioning, integration and maintenance for major mobile operators as well as consultancy services that support mobile technology solutions and we support and provide services from major vendors' networking systems, enterprise applications, advanced broadband wireless and video conferencing technologies.
Additionally we offer network analysis, network management, advanced systems integration, connectivity solutions, project management and specialist services to the entire region with strategically located teams of IT professionals in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE and branch offices in cities across the MENA region.
Wireless Engineer / Fast Telco Subsidiary
|Kuwait City||16 Jan|
Senior Audio Visual Technician
Supervisor Technical Entertainment (AV Lighting & Sound)
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Head of Venue Maintenance & Support
Site Engineer - Handover