Job description / Role
Audit & Assurance | Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
• Lead the way
• Serve with integrity
• Take care of each other
• Foster inclusion
• Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Manager in Audit & Assurance, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Builds trust and credibility by focusing on how to meet multiple stakeholder needs whilst providing constructive challenge on engagement issues
• Reviews documentation of flows of transactions and tests of relevant controls early in the audit cycle to allow for timely assessment of the planned audit approach and the entity's control environment
• Suggests mitigating testing when controls are found to be ineffective, without always having to consult with the senior manager or partner.
• Applies professional skepticism to consider the broader impact (e.g. fraud risks, communication with those charged with governance) on our audit when significant controls are found to be ineffective or other conditions may indicate possible misstatements
• Recognizes opportunities to add value, extend knowledge, increase impact and to provide exceptional stakeholder value through drawing expertise from across the firm and integrating specialists where appropriate as part of the core audit engagement team
• Actively participates in the group risk assessment scoping of work to be performed by component auditors.
• Prepares and reviews referral instructions on a timely basis that clearly set up the group auditor's expectations and evaluates responses from component auditors
• Runs file check regularly throughout the audit, checks all points have been cleared at the end of each audit and chooses an appropriate file structure for each engagement, including group engagements
• Engages early with scheduling and the extended engagement team.
• Clearly communicates expectations regarding responsibilities and deadlines to all members of the engagement team.
• Communicates the project plan and any entity-related dependencies with the entity's management team so that they are aware, at the beginning of the audit, of any repercussions (e.g., deadlines, fees) due to deviations from this plan.
• Reconfirms their understanding with the entity's management team in advance of key deadlines
• Performs reviews with professional scepticism considering whether the results of testing sufficiently assess, test and objectively challenge the appropriateness and reliability of the assumptions and data used to support management's assertions
• Compliance with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the audit firm's quality control procedures
• Challenges self and others to make an impact that matters for our clients, our colleagues and our communities and recognizes colleagues and teams for the impact they make, and helps connect their contributions with our broader purpose
• Encourages teams to collaborate within and across businesses and borders, proactively helps make connections
• Provides timely feedback to team members to drive high performance
• Builds productive, long-term relationships with clients and colleagues, across a broad network, based on mutual respect
• Demonstrates an understanding of Global, Business and Member Firm strategies
• Minimum 6+ years of experience in public accounting, auditing, audit management, budget, business plan, business strategy, preferably with big Audit Firms.
• Extensive knowledge of best practice reporting and International financial reporting standards.
• Able to ensure that the applicable accounting and auditing standards have been consistently applied and obtains appropriate evidence to support the assessment that the financial statements have been prepared in in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
• Ability to develop one's own knowledge and the knowledge of others as it relates to Deloitte's tools and audit methodology and the applicable professional accounting and auditing standards through both formal learning and on-the-job training
• Ability to thoroughly review audit documentation for completeness, accuracy and adequacy while ensuring timely archiving of work papers
• International accounting qualification is required: CA, ACCA, or CPA.
• Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity