Job description / Role
- Builds trust and credibility with stakeholders by seeking to understand their service levels expectations and what matters to them individually
- Delivers high quality services by demonstrating a practical awareness of the impact of regulation and risk management on business processes and controls
- Takes responsibility for understanding key statistics and industry matters about entity before engagement begins
- Adapts template referral instructions to clearly outline the scope of procedures to be performed, including the areas of audit focus.
- Understands the structure of the group audit and for whom the referral instructions are intended
- Liaises effectively with onshore and offshore Centres of Excellence in the delivery of relevant tasks, understanding the scope of work delegated to them and the importance of providing accurate and complete information to them
- Assists in tracking deliverables from component auditors and seeks to understand the relevance and importance of these
- Appropriately links risks, controls, procedures and findings from allocated sections across the EMS file on a timely basis
- Can articulate the audit quality milestones, the ways in which teams demonstrate completeness of milestones, and how the audit quality milestones contribute to audit quality
- Understands the rationale behind the timings of the audit plan and is prepared to offer challenge around whether work can be performed earlier in the audit cycle
- Prepares documentation by anticipating questions that reviewers may ask and distinguishes accounting judgements and conclusions from auditing judgements and conclusions
- Understands that it is important to develop relationships beyond the finance function in order to better understand the entity's business and apply professional skepticism
- Has a practical awareness of the risks around the engagement lifecycle and regulatory environment, and relevant practice protection policies
- University Qualifications: Degree in Accounting or related field. Graduate degree is desired.
- Other certifications obtained: International accounting qualification is desired: CA, ACCA, or CPA.
- Nature and length of previous experience: 3+ years of experience in public auditing and accounting, preferably with Big Audit Firms.
- Preference will be given to candidates with insurance experience.
- Current Location: Doha -Qatar
- Language Fluency: English
- Nationality Preference: Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English).
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Supervise staff, inspect client financial records, compile and analyze data, prepare detailed audit reports and resolve accounting research issues.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
Senior External Audit
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||21 Mar|
Adib Al Chaa & Co
Sigma Technical Enterprises & Trading Co.