Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Auto Cad Draughtsman
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
To assume the responsibility for surveying and transposing into detailed working engineering drawings, bill of quantities and all other relevant information and documentation in support of general business activities and specific projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Visit project sites and undertake surveys to collect all relevant data and measurements to enable a full working engineering drawing and BOQ to be produced.
• Responsible for sourcing all relevant design information from client designers, vendors and other applicable sources to ensure a compliant drawing and documents.
• Prepare detailed drawings for the complete scope of work in terms of quantity and specification in line with project requirements.
• Monitor design / revision change and implement any alterations to drawings in accordance with company / client standards and instructions.
• Provide final detailed working engineering drawings and BOQ to project manager / client for final approval.
• Prepare ‘As Built’ drawings and all other relevant documentation to project manager for the client for final handover and signing off of the project.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining a structured drawing and BOQ filing system including data dossiers.
• Responsible to be aware of all current relevant Health and Safety legislation and other legal requirements affecting their areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for ensuring all milestones are achieved on time and to the satisfaction of the project manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Degree / Diploma in an engineering discipline or equivalent with recognised training in Auto Cad and a minimum of 6 to 8 years drafting experience and must be proficient in MS Office applications.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have the proven ability, knowledge and experience to accurately translate concepts into high quality technical working drawings. Must have a flexible approach to working hours and location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
A Leading Technology Solutions Provider in Qatar
Draftsman - Structure Works
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
MAYKS HR Consulting
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar