Job description / Role
Responsible for delivery of essential services to the GU-Q branch campus. These services include transportation, office supplies, refreshments, catering, vending, storage, pest control, cleaning, waste management and recycling through direct and indirect contract management.
As this position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no relocation assistance, GU-Q is looking for locally based candidates only. This is a non-sponsored position that requires all applicants to already have the necessary sponsorship to live and work in Qatar.
• Review and improve procedures for internal service delivery. Audit services to ensure proactive maintenance of excellent customer satisfaction levels.
• Manage and coach Transportation Coordinator, Auxiliary Services Assistant, and Student Workers. Manage a wide range of external contractors.
• Manage pantry services for the branch campus - personnel and provisioning. Manage onsite stores for paper archive and consumables.
• Oversee the cafeteria, coffee shop, and vending services provided by outsourced service providers.
• Manage pest control planned and responsive requirements
• Manage an outsourced driving service on behalf of the branch campus for guest and employee transportation, deliveries and student shuttles.
• Manage custodial service contract workers allocated to GU-Q and the service they provide. Work with QF, cleaning supervisors, and staff to ensure a high level of cleanliness and proper waste disposal.
• Manage GU-Q Office supply provision.
• Ensure regular customer feedback and communication through various media.
• Manage Auxiliary Services Budget.
• Build relationships with service providers to feed concerns to the supervisor and ensure new workers receive orientation.
• This position is defined as critical for purposes of the GU-Q Emergency Response Team (ERT) and therefore, is expected to be available for ERT duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
• 3+ years of experience in managing support services to an internal customer base; managing a pool of diverse contract workers.
• Experience working in an environment where there is a constant need to meet time specific work outcomes.
• Time management, project management skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities.
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Fluency in English.
About the Company
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is located on the Education City campus in Doha, Qatar and offers a variety of lifelong learning opportunities for the community. The four-year Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree program is delivered by the world renowned Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service with a curriculum that is identical to that offered to students in Washington, D. C. Each year, GU-Q admits a class of approximately 75 students, primarily from the Middle East, South Asia and Southeast Asia. GU-Q is sponsored by Qatar Foundation and is one of six American universities located within Education City. All students have access to a superb range of recreational and housing facilities offered by Qatar Foundation and they take classes in classrooms equipped with state of the art technology. The campus currently boasts the presence of the largest public access library in Qatar. The compensation, benefits, terms of employment and professional development opportunities for GU-Q faculty and staff are highly competitive.
Facility Manager - New Role
Randstad Middle East
Branch Manager - FMCG
Supply Logistics Manager (12 Month Contract)