Job description / Role
• Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
• Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
• Aviation Planner
• This is a client facing role, supporting a major aviation project based in Doha, Qatar.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Technical advisor for the preparation, modification and updating of Master plans and other comprehensive planning studies and reports for the near, mid and long term use, development and operation of the airport.
• Reviewing airport planning reports and master plan reports.
• Participating in planning workshops and meetings with consultants, airport end users and stakeholders.
• Overseeing research planning issues, conduct planning studies and evaluates consequences of different courses of action.
• Translating general goals, plans and concepts of the master plan for the expansion into specific programs and concept design guidelines and requirements.
• Developing the policy recommendations from comprehensive perspectives for the operation and master planning of the airport.
• Developing pre-design data for airport projects and assisting in the negotiation of predesign program statements systems of services.
• Tracking current events to ensure timely and complete consideration of a broad spectrum of regulations and technological advances that would influence airport plans, policies and programs, such as developments in new commercial aviation aircraft and the aviation industry, government transportation policies, aviation economics, market demands and environmental regulations.
• Resolving problems with consultants and contractors on all planning issues etc. to safeguard employer’s interest.
• Liaising, coordinating and monitor the activities of project staff, PM/CM, design consultants and contractors etc.
• Liaising with various internal teams and external stakeholders to effectively manage projects.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 15 years experience in master planning of large airports or be involved in the planning and design of large airport projects including airfield, terminal or airside/landside infrastructure and facilities.
• Familiarity with the international civil aviation organization manual (ICAO) and the international air transport association manual (IATA).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• A relevant degree qualification in airport planning, engineering and aviation.
• Member of chartered quality institute or equivalent.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.