Job description / Role
Our client, a leading global bank within their industry with an office in Dubai, are looking for an AVP Compliance professional with international banking experience. This role is for candidates looking to broaden their compliance scope in a global DIFC bank.
Our client is a leading Financial Services organisation within their industry, located in the DIFC. The main responsibility is to work in the Compliance Team within FCC and AML in Dubai.
* To assist the Dubai Local Compliance Officer (LCO) in the performance of compliance matters including compliance project related activities and advise the applicable EMEA branches and representative offices ('offices') on relevant laws, rules and regulations which apply.
* To provide advice and guidance on regulatory matters and its relevant offices in the EMEA region.
* To interpret and support the implementation of regulations.
* To support the completion of compliance related projects.
* To assist with the development and maintenance of adequate documentation and procedures to support the compliance activities.
* To support the LCO in relation to regulatory inspections / audits or other visits as required.
* To escalate any compliance matters to the Dubai LCO.
* To keep up to date with legal and regulatory compliance developments by attending training and seminars.
* To perform any other compliance related duties as required from time to time and liaise with other EMEA offices.
* To monitor, analyse and provide written updates of any of financial crime changes (including updates to/from the Federal regimes and Regulators) in the region, to the Dubai MLRO.
* To understand the business risk and financial crime risk of operating in the region.
* To provide financial crime related advice to colleagues.
* To escalate any financial crime matters to the Dubai MLRO.
Competitive salary and challenging role
* Experience of understanding and implementing compliance related regulations.
* Understanding of financial crime, including (but not limited to), money laundering, bribery & corruption, fraud, tax evasion.
* Basic understanding of KYC/CDD process.
* Law or compliance related degree, or other professional qualification preferred.
* Ability to analyse and summarise information thoroughly and accurately.
* Able to work well unsupervised, excellent organisation skills, excellent report writing skills. Able to manage multiple ongoing priorities.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.