Job description / Role
General Job Purpose Brief
Responsible for ensuring that manpower and equipment are arranged for handling the operations for every shift. Allocate and deploy manpower in respective zones according to the requirement. Ensure all staff are well aware of the customer airline requirement and work accordingly. Ensure all operational staff work towards achieving the targeted Baggage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) adhering to Safety requirements
• Prepare allocation for the Baggage Team Leader (BTL), GHA III, GHA II and GHA I for arrival and departure flight
• Ensure all allocated staff report to their work areas as per the allocation plan and prepare allocation sheet which should be signed by the staff so that they are aware of their allocation.
• Provide actual manpower count to the Baggage Officer on shift for his further reporting to higher authorities.
• Prepare Baggage Arrival Timing report as per the arrival bags handled and send to Baggage Officer on shift for further escalation and reporting.
• Ensure BTLs at Baggage Hall area are prompt in BRS and bags are delivered to aircraft in the stipulated time.
• Ensure adequate manpower/equipment are made available at transfer, arrivals, departure and at VIP Baggage area.
• Ensure to report any kind of discrepancies or irregularities related to Baggage Handling to the Baggage Officer on shift immediately
• Coordinates with HIA BHS, HIA security and QR security on daily basis with regards to operational duties such as flight allocation, belt changes, system stoppage, bag requests, damage or open bags to ensure immediate attention is provided by the required team
• Coordinate with Baggage Hall Supervisor / Officer for all operational duties related to belt planning, Early Bag Storage clearance, internal and external stake holders feedbacks/issues during the shift
• Monitor early bag storage and ensure the capacity is always below the maximum
• In the event of any discrepancy highlight to Baggage officer during the shift.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
• High School Qualification (e.g. O level, Year 10, min compulsory education)
• Experienced - minimum 5 years of job-related experience
• Vocational/Diploma or Associate Degree or equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on role)
• Experienced - minimum 4 years of job-related experience.
Required Work Knowledge and Skills
• Baggage Reconciliation system.
• Able to effectively and politely communicate with staff and clients.
• Fully conversant with all office applications on the PC.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Acceptable airline Ramp Handling/Load Processing training.
• Ability to interpret and apply all relevant SITA messages.
• Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
• Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills.
• Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
• Driving license is an advantage.
• Supervisory Skills training is an advantage.
About the Company
ACCIONA is one of Spain's principal business groups and a leader in the fields of infrastructure development and management, renewable energy, water and services.
With a century of history, and more than 30,000 professionals, it operates in over 30 countries on the five continents. ACCIONA is included in Spain\'s blue-chip Ibex 35 index and is a core stock in the market (see Financial Information).
ACCIONA's positioning as a pioneer in development and sustainability expresses its capacity to respond to the challenge of attaining sustainable development through all its areas of activity. One of its specific commitments is to steadily reduce its carbon footprint and lead the transition to a low-carbon economy. ACCIONA\'s activities and businesses avoid millions of metric tons of emissions every year (see Emissions Meter). The Sustainability Master Plan develops the Company's sustainability strategy.