Job description / Role
This role is contributing to the service team's efforts by presenting a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The bartender ensures that guests are provided with an outstanding customer service and actively helps to improve their overall experience, resolving any arising issues immediately or in consultation with senior restaurant line management.
- Greets and serves each guest with a friendly and courteous attitude
- Perform Restaurant's Bar service to the set SOP standards
- Ensures understanding of daily specials, internal promotions or menu changes
- Ensure efficient, smooth communication between BOH and FOH
- Delivers beverages in a timely manner without any delay to enhance table turnaround times
- Seeks to minimize wastage, spillage and breakage at all times
- Follows all cash handling procedures and policies
- Reports on duty on time in correct uniform/ grooming standards
- Adheres to set HACCP, ISO guidelines and food safety standards at all times
- Escalates any customer complaints/ issues immediately to Senior Management or direct line management for prompt resolution
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of the beverages List and any special Beverage Promotions, being able to answer guest queries quickly, knowledgeably and in a discreet manner in line with the highest standards stipulated in the SPPS Manual.
- Takes Beverage orders in a professional manner, taking every opportunity to maximize sales in a discreet manner by upselling promotions or daily specials
- Ensures that par stocks levels of bar, supplies and initiates necessary requisitions specified in the Operations Manual and ensures they are correct and maintained at all times.
- Cleans and set-up Bar and equipment, bottles in proper place, prepares mise-en-place prior to, during and after service, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained.
- Manages bar inventory
- Provides Restaurant Management with update on required additional beverage purchase orders
- Understands key functionalities of MICROS system
- Participates in functions and activities with other outlets when required
- Knows and recalls provenance, ingredients per beverage
- Creates new beverages as per management directives or seasons adhering to industry trends
- Diploma/Certificate or Bachelor in Hospitality/ Tourism industry essential
- Equivalent vocational qualification obtained working for a 4/5 bar environment, hotel or attendance of beverage mixologist class
- Must have least 1-2 years work experience in hospitality
- Excellent command of English, Arabic desirable
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence
- Understanding of MICROS
- Knowledge of HACCP, ISO standards
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.