Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
This position is concerned with being responsible for serving food & beverage to the guest according to the service rules, policy, procedure & etiquette, in line with our motto.
Food and Beverage Mission Statement
Food & Beverage will be recognized as the market leader by providing consistent and personalized service, by offering innovative concepts and products, not yet available on the market. We are committed to create an environment where teamwork is honored, honesty and integrity are valued. Our well trained and professional colleagues will be focused on delivering high quality products and memorable experiences that will strengthen our customer engagement in the resort and through social media.
Fairmont is a place where the well-being of our guests is our main priority. We will emotionally engage the local and international community, anticipate and exceed their wishes and needs, thus creating guests for life. Our Food and Beverage outlets will capture the attention of global media, making it the first choice for international awards and social events and becoming the benchmark for Local and international Food & Beverage industry.
Our financial success will strengthen the food and beverage reputation amongst current and new owners, by achieving Top Line Revenue and high EBITA surpassing their budget expectations. It is our responsibility and commitment to give back to the community by being a true heartist Ambassador
Gracious with people, ruthless with standards and hungry for more.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work that is why our every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all the time.
- Motivator & Proactive
- Team player
- Positive attitude and well-spoken
- People person
- Result driven
- Display initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Thinking out of the box
Key role and responsibilities
- Create new ideas of beverage concepts under the leadership of head mixologist
- Ensure smooth running bar operation with high level of skilled in creating beverages to all guests
- Follow beverage training program for responsible area
- Administer purchasing and receiving beverages
- Exceed guest satisfaction by knowing preferences and update profiles
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the restaurant menu & daily specials at all times
- To be familiar with the beverage service including glasses used and appropriates garnishes
- Following up financial, LQA, TrustYou and Forbes targets on a daily basis
- Anticipate and service of guests' requirements at all times
- Keep ahead of industry trends, create and implement new revolutionary standards
- Following up daily financial targets of area/division
- Use opening and closing checklist to ensure smooth opening and closing of the venue
- Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner
- Present menus in a proactive manner
- To feel empowered and accountable within the work place
- Keep manager on duty updated of any guest feedback so they can update the Glitch Report
- Maintains the HACCP & FIFO standards as required by the regional governing body
- Follow Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency
- Attend all necessary briefings and training sessions as instructed by the Manager
- Handle financial procedures according to guidelines set by the finance department
- Identify potential problems and anticipate guest needs, ask for assistance before service breakdown occurs
- Perform any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel
- All issues and negative guest feedbacks needs to be properly reported on glitch system
- Follow care program at all times, and report issues through the system to maintenance
- Ensure all hotel property and facilities are maintained an in an optimal working order
- Assist with collecting information for the monthly P&L review
- Records and reports Glitch incidents with integrity and transparency
- He/she is responsible in linking all facets of service, cuisine and entertainment
- In charge of training, grooming.
- All hotel standards to be exceeded at all times
Talent & Culture
The hotel reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as and when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.