Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love; care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo!
As Bartender at Swissotel , your skills should represent the Swiss passion as per the below:
- Mixology: A professional bartender is proficient in mixology, which involves creating unique and high-quality cocktails and mocktails. They have extensive knowledge of various spirits, liqueurs, bitters, syrups, and other ingredients necessary for crafting a wide range of drinks.
- Drink Preparation: Bartenders are responsible for preparing and garnishing drinks according to established recipes and customer preferences. They should have excellent precision and attention to detail to ensure consistent quality in every beverage they serve.
- Menu Development: Bartenders often collaborate with the bar or restaurant management to develop and update drink menus. They propose new and innovative cocktail recipes, taking into consideration current trends and customer preferences.
- Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service is crucial for a professional bartender. They engage with customers in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring their satisfaction and creating a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Order Taking: Bartenders receive drink orders from customers and servers, accurately recording their preferences and any special requests. They should be efficient in handling multiple orders simultaneously and have excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Ingredients: Bartenders should be well-versed in the different types of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as the ingredients used to make them. They must have a comprehensive understanding of flavor profiles and be able to suggest suitable drinks based on customers' tastes.
- Bar Maintenance: Bartenders are responsible for maintaining a clean and organized bar area. This includes restocking supplies, cleaning glassware and utensils, and ensuring the bar is well-stocked with essential ingredients.
- Safety and Compliance: Professional bartenders adhere to local, state, and federal regulations regarding the responsible service of alcohol. They are knowledgeable about age verification, proper handling of alcoholic beverages, and other legal requirements to maintain a safe and compliant environment.
- Upselling and Revenue Generation: Bartenders play a crucial role in increasing sales and revenue by effectively upselling premium or specialty drinks, promoting specials, and encouraging customers to try new offerings.
- Continuous Learning: Bartenders should stay updated on industry trends, new drink recipes, and emerging techniques in mixology. They may attend workshops, seminars, or other educational events to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Previous experience as a professional bartender or mixologist.
- Extensive knowledge of various types of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Strong understanding of mixology techniques and cocktail/mocktail recipes.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and precision in drink preparation.
- Knowledge of safety and compliance regulations.
- Physical stamina and the ability to stand for long periods.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.