Job description / Role
The Bell Captain assists the Guest Services Manager in the management of the Bellman team. The Bell Captain is required to demonstrate humility in leadership of the team, prides the team on flair in service delivery, be a poised communicator, has an inquisitive spirit, creative mind to curate fresh experiences and a sense of responsibility to uphold the Raffles Brand. In joining the team for a pre-opening journey, the Bell Captain has to be ready to embody a tenacious and innovative spirit in building the team together with the leaders.
RAFFLES HOTELS AND RESORTS
An oasis for the well-travelled since 1887 reinterpreted for the 21st century traveler, Raffles has been synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary service for well over a century. Born in Singapore, the brand has since extended its network all around the world, welcoming the influential community of each destination. Whether you come to drink, dine, celebrate or simply to unwind, the outstanding personalities working at Raffles know better than anyone else how to ensure that you "Arrive as a guest, Leave as a friend, and Return as family".
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections through emotional luxury between bellmen and guests
- Ensure that all guests' luggage and items are received and delivered promptly and properly upon arrival and departure by the bellmen
- Deliver all guests' luggage in an efficient and courteous manner ensuring no damage is caused to the items
- Ensure all mails and packages are delivered promptly and handled in a systematic and efficient way
- Maintains communication channels with all departments of the hotel
- Monitors the arrangement and movement of luggage and all job requests
- Assist the Guest Service Manager in the management of the bellmen to ensure seamless arrival and departure experience for all guests
- Ready to cover all roles and functions of the Bellman Team
- Assists other hotel department functions when the need arises
- Maintains oversight and allocates resources to the smooth running of the daily operation
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels, maintenance and general upkeep of equipment and operating supplies
- Appraise appearance, ensure discipline, and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision
- Assist to set out KPIs and deliverables for the year with the Guest Service Manager
- Create action plans and monthly overview of goals set out for the year with the Guest Service Manager
- Training and coordination with supporting departments
- Use data from given hotel systems to analyze areas of improvement and create action plans for the betterment of service
- Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions guests' needs and wants and orchestrates unique experiences
- Fully understands the Front-of-House position and the whole department constantly renews and develops itself to make sure to keep up with the trends in hospitality industry
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes 5-star / Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management
- Performs any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel
- Follows Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language
- Manages all guests/team members' needs with equal drive
- Carries an eye for detail and an approachable demeanor for all guests and team members
- Composed under pressure, makes rational decisions to resolve situations, delivered with a degree of professionalism
- Self-driven approach to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information in accordance to company/country's data security act
- Possesses good computer and property management system knowledge
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication for continuous improvement
- Embraces change and open-minded in a dynamic work environment
- Has an understanding of the middle eastern clientele and culture
- Has an understanding of key stakeholders in the luxury travel space
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.