Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectiivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Bid Manager to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
Bid Manager work as a team member within the dedicated Bid Team producing high quality proposals in support of increasing revenue, market share and client base. He assures that bid process complies with Thales Group procedures and policies. He is responsible to manage end-to-end bid process and to deliver a complete bid and in time, coordinating bid related activities within the team assigned to the bid and inter-departmental departmental interfaces involving engineering, procurement, delivery, legal and finance.
- Support the Capture Lead / Project Manager in providing technical and commercial proposals and improve sales success rates.
- Perform bid management, communication and sales support functions such as:
- Bid planning
- Prepare inputs for bid reviews and approvals process, including bid/no bid decisions, through to lessons learnt.
- Manage bid deliverables production
- Collate and maintain risk registers in accordance with company standards
- Monitor and report bid and production costs
- Seek to continuously improve the bid process bringing in best practice and educating all involved stakeholders.
- Manage the interface among engineering, procurement, finance, legal and those with sign-off responsibility.
- Contribute in the maintenance of sales force; add to the database for case studies, past performances (lessons learnt) and CVs.
- Owe, and constantly seek to improve, the company's bid library and ensure education and dissemination of said library.
- Work with the technical leads to translate technical specifications into winning bid material.
- Ensure adherence to the company's bid process in line with best practice.
- Ensure that proposals are produced in a timely manner for submission.
- Ensure that bid qualification is thorough and complete.
- Ensure that proposals are compliant and respond to the specific requirements of client.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Several years of professional experience in management of bids or projects in high tech environment.
- Exposure to producing offers in a highly regulated industry.
- Working experience within multidisciplinary, multinational teams including functions of PMO, Estimating, Engineering, Finance, Legal, HSE & Quality and commercial management.
- Competence in preparation of proposals through the whole bid lifecycle from bid evaluation to award.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Leadership capability of multidisciplinary, multinational bid teams towards achieving tight deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
- A team player getting along well with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Degree/Diploma- Engineering and / or technical management.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic and French languages will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency with computer applications MS Office, MS Project, Primavera P6, etc. will be an additional asset.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||6 Mar|
Contracts Head (Development, Asset and Facility Management)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)