Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating out of the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a junior to mid-level Lawyer to support their senior legal team in Qatar. You must be fluent in spoken and written Arabic & English.
• Ensuring the activities of the company are conducted lawfully and in compliance with all relevant contracts, procedures, and regulations
• Translating legal documents from English to Arabic and vice versa
• Supporting local lawyers with translations and documentation
• Liaising with the local courts
• Providing full legal service to their corporate departments
• Providing research and legal opinions concerning specific issues, such as Corporate & Commercial, Litigation, and Dispute Resolution
• Interfacing with key external government and private sector stakeholders
• Dealing with external solicitors in an efficient and cost-effective manner while obtaining external legal advice as required
• University degree in Law from a recognised law school, and admittance to a recognised Bar or holding a current practicing certificate issued by a recognised Law Society
• Around 5-7 years’ experience working in a private practice, with at least 3 years as an in-house lawyer
• Certified Arabic translator, with extensive experience of translating legal documentation
• Familiarity with legal systems and local Qatari law would be preferable
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East is essential
If you fulfill all the key criteria for this position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details online.
If you fulfill all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 24 to 48 hours. If you do not fulfill the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Equinox Global Investments
Al Boom Marine
Head of Legal - Arabic Speaker
A Leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar