Job description / Role
Project: Secondment of staff and on call professional services for the airport expansion project.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior BIM & CAD Manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your responsibilities will include
• Supervising the strategy, governance and structuring of BIM implementation on project level.
• Directing the BIM execution plan.
• Overseeing development of software templates and rule sets.
• Conducting quality checks on models.
• Chairing meetings with the project director for BIM.
• Supporting development of using BIM in construction sequencing, costing and operations where required.
• Working with design consultants and contractors to manage the BIM implementation approach on a project level.
• Creating a strategy plan to implement the adequate use of technology in the design process and implement lean practices to minimize redo work in multiple design platforms.
• Establishing a process for collecting, evaluating and developing parametric Revit content specific to each design practice area.
• Monitoring and guiding the model advancement and utilization process through construction. Review the contractor’s BIM model and as-built model.
• You have a degree qualification in architecture, engineering or project management.
• You are a member of a professional institute.
• You have experience in using BIM modelling tools (Autodesk Revit).
• You have experience is using Model checking tools.
• You have experience is using CDE workflow and solutions (BIM 360).
• You have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• You can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and manage dynamic, motivated teams.
• You have BIM management experience in a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.