Job description / Role
• Responsible for the establishment of the BIM office in a local authority organisation on a corporate, programme and project level
• Responsible for the creation of processes, technical standards, object libraries and software templates specific for Assets on programme wide BIM Uses including but not limited to emergency response and asset management
• Responsible for the development of training material, manuals and best practice guidance
• Provide hands-on technical software support across the areas of implementation, education and training under the guidance of the BIM Manager
• Provide hands-on technical expertise to integrate Asset data from BIM and GIS with other programme wide systems, such as IBM Maximo
• Audit BIM implementation working with a range of internal stakeholders as needed including QA/QC of models, drawings and data to identify any issues of non-compliance
• Identification of pilot projects to demonstrate value of BIM implementation
• Identify and support the enablement of quick wins for BIM within the PWA
• Coordinate, distribute and manage data in the Common Data Environment (CDE) or any other related systems. This includes integration of BIM, GIS and Asset Management workstreams to support further advancements and value in data usage for decision making.
• University degree in Architecture/Engineering/Construction discipline or equivalent experience.
• 4 years professional experience.
• Discipline specific professional registration preferred
• Multi-disciplinary BIM specialist expertise with a strong focus on Asset including condition-based and preventative/predictive maintenance
• Knowledge and experience with the implementation of PAS1192, now superseded by IS019650 and related standards for Asset Management such as IS055000
• Knowledge of COBie, IFC, Classification Systems (Omniclass, Uniclass etc)
• Knowledge of concepts including EIR, AIR, OIR, PIR etc
• Desired Software Skills include: Civil 3D, Infraworks, Revit, Dynamo/Python, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Synchro, CostX, Solibri, Primavera, ESRI ArcGIS, IBM Maximo, AssetWise, Bentley, 3dsMax, Tableau Power BI, Ecodomus etc
• Knowledge of Common Data Environment (CDE) Solutions and Information Management e.g. Open Text, Projectwise, Aconex, Autodesk Vault
• BIM Execution Planning, Development and Management
• Use of BIM for Asset and Operations Management
• Communication: High standard of English writing and speaking skills
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Problem solver with out of the box thinking coupled with business acumen and technical awareness
• Confident people person with a positive attitude who is able to effectively engage with colleagues across all levels in the organisation and externally
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.