Bookkeeper / Accountant
Job description / Role
Our client is an international labelling contractor whose expertise resides in multiple fields including engineering, manufacturing etc. on major construction projects. They are looking to expand their workforce by hiring a Bookkeeper / Accountant in Qatar.
The organisation is a leading manufacturing company operating as a single source supplier and contractor specialising in a range of products extending from identification products to construction contractors. They service the power Generation and Oil & Gas industries in a number of countries spread across multiple continents .
The Bookkeeper performs general accounting duties such as posting journal entries, posting sales invoices, entering payments and deposits, maintaining accurate and current customer/vendor information, and assisting with other tasks within the department as needed.
The responsibilities for the role include:
• Reviewing and posting daily sales.
• Creating intercompany invoices as needed.
• Reviewing and posting vendor invoices, as well as, schedule payments through bank website.
• Tracking and maintaining accounts receivable for customers to include credit holds, collections for past due payments and notes.
• Creating and updating customer/vendor information regularly.
• Monitoring transactions for withholding tax implications and track monthly payment of this tax.
• Conducting various month-end duties such as journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Posting intercompany invoicing for multiple entities.
• Institute contract reporting to comply with Qatar government regulations.
• Being the main contact for the annual audit of the financials.
• All other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a monthly competitive salary. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate within the accounting function to further progress their career with an international construction services company. If you are interested and meet the requirements, feel free to apply!
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline.
• At least 2 years' experience in general accounting (Preferably in a MNC).
• Mandatory for candidates to have experience in Qatar to understand the regulation better
• Experience in using Great Plains Accounting Software is a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office products.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to organise workload, adapt quickly to change and meet deadlines.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Accountant - General Accounting
MAYKS HR Consulting
A Leading Steel Pipe Manufacturer In Saudi Arabia
|Saudi Arabia||17 Mar|
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Viva HR Consultants
SFM Corporate Services