Job description / Role
The Broadcast Producer will be responsible for taking the lead on assigned television, and integrated productions. He/she will ensure the efficient, timely and cost-effective production.
The Broadcast Producer will also manage and oversea sound and audio recordings across all live, field and recorded programmes, working closely with operation engineers, and ensure the quality of audio output across Live, field and recorded productions is efficient and consistent.
• Creating a story board and responsible for all phases of planning for a specific project from script to screen including (Pre-Production / On-Location Production / Post-production) footage planning, camera, technical staff, sound crew and music selection within budget schedules.
• Work closely with H&S coordinator, external suppliers, procurement and legal department on contractual matters as needed for events, technical rehearsals and location shooting to ensure rates and legalities are covered
• Develop strong working relationships with News & programmes, Operations and Creative, sat desk team on deployments involving multi-team and cross purpose productions as well as industry partners on the specific productions
• Manage and oversee the live audio, and sound recording within the studio across all live and recorded programming and filming. Assisting in maintenance of sound equipment (desk, mic's etc.) as necessary.
• Developing and standardising the optimum Sound Configurations using the systems and installations in place and in close collaboration with Operation Engineers and overall broadcast workflow.
• Making recommendations with respect to filming for ENG/deployments for each programme and ensuring consistency of output( picture to audio) across LIVE and recorded productions to achieve desired effects.
• Troubleshoot technical equipment and identify the sound requirement.
• Supervising, training and providing all necessary support to performers, freelance Audio Operators and help mentor junior members of the team.
• Strong understanding and technical knowledge of production process of post-production, broadcast and digital deliverables
• Ability to work on detailed production budgets and ensure efficiency and accuracy is maintained
• Must be creative focused with the ability to see the technical challenges
• Hands on experience in sound design (both digital and Analogue), Music composition and Production.
• Proven track record of high quality sound design, showing creative flair
• Understanding of broadcast technical standards.
• Analytical skills enabling the ability to assess News/Programme’s needs, and working collaboratively to propose technical and workflow solutions.
• Familiar with Ofcom guidelines with respect to Audio & RF.
• Strong experience in Live mixing, Studio and Field Recording.
• Excellent communication & time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and client relationship building skills
• Demonstrable sound design skills
• Fluent in English & Arabic (Spoken and Written).
• Degree or similar Media industry qualification in Audio Technology related field
• Production experience in a highly dynamic demanding production environment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a live audio production / music environment.
• Industry experience as a Sound Designer/Producer within a post-production environment
• International travel may be required as part of the role
About the Company
Kershaw Leonard is committed to finding First Class people for its World Class Clients. Since our inauguration in September 1999, We have become well-respected specialists for all aspects of Human Resource Consultancy and Recruitment, and bring a standard of professional conduct (through the Recruitment Employment Confederation UK) to the industry here in the Middle East. Our qualified Consultants deliver a unique quality of service that is designed to meet the individual needs of both Candidates and Clients.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover permanent, temporary and contract staff, and Executive Search, in the following sectors:
Senior Executives and Directors; Design; Engineering and Construction; Finance and Banking; Human Resources and Training; IT and Telecoms; Legal; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Media; Office Management; Retail; Sales and Marketing and Secretarial and Business Support.