Job description / Role
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
The Technology Unit within Ooredoo is the backbone of the organization providing all technology services which enable Ooredoo to deliver its services to its customers across all technology platforms, 24/7/365. The quality of the customer experience when accessing its services sits within this BU and therefore it plays a significant role in the delivery of revenue and satisfaction targets. The Demand Management function plays a critical role by managing the product portfolio based on business proposals and change requests raised by BUs and ensuring effective delivery.
About The Role:
This role will be responsible to be the focal point from Demand Management team to receive, screen, negotiate, validate and maintain all Technology products / change/ service requirements from other BUs and from within Technology BU ensuring shorter time to market for new products and change requests.
If you would like to view the full role profile please click here
You should have at least
- 5 years' experience in telecom industry with significant experience in both business and technology
- Strong experience and knowledge of BSS/ OSS systems.
- Techno functional knowledge of end to end telecom processes & systems that include CRM, order management and configuration, order fulfilment, billing (mediation and rating), charging, provisioning and network operations.
- Experienced in the implementation of digital technologies (e.g. web portal, mobile apps, social media platform)
- Strong understanding of product development and the supporting technology requirements
- Significant knowledge of new and emerging technologies and their business opportunities
- Significant expertise in translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Experience of leading requirements gathering activities using workshops and interviews
- Proficient in Business and Systems Analysis techniques.
- Experience in provisioning, fraud management, credit check, service activation, product management ( B2C - mobile, broadband, TV products), Payment solutions, Postpaid & Prepaid promotions Experience across B2C sales and service channels (e. g., Face-to-face interactions, call center, IVR, web, mobility), and knowledge of how cross-channel customer interactions impact the customer's experience.
- Knowledge and experience in using modelling tools (e.g. Visio) preferred
- Knowledge on Standards such as eTOM, ITIL preferred
- Knowledge of Agile and iterative development methodologies.
- Excellent Communication Skills in English
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecoms engineering, or equivalent
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Business Development Manager
Ignite Search & Selection