Job description / Role
The role works as in integral part of the Corporate Planning function with responsibility to support the implementation of KPIs across departments, and other process and business performance metrics, organization-wide projects and business functions initiatives. The Business Analyst will review, analyse and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements define scope and objectives and formulate process and systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions and plans; gathering cross-functional information; evaluating output requirements and format.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams representing business functions and processes; studying and analysing system capabilities; writing business requirements and specifications to support recommendations.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of organisational KPIs and processes using operational metrics and reports.
- Propose recommendations to improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications and validating solutions.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and proposing improved procedures supported by a documented business case.
- Manage diverse group of stakeholders, elicit information and drive cross-collaborative efforts to achieve a common goal.
- Define and document RFPs and Scope of work for procurement of systems, consultants or other critical sources for projects.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements.
- Forming and effectively managing and leading the project team (internal and external).
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, and publishing progress reports, and recommending actions to ensure timely delivery, within scope and budget.
- Define the parameters and process of quality testing of any change initiative and propose modifications and enhancements to improve business processes and operational efficiencies.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments, and at organisational level.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in areas of business and process analysis, process reviews and gap analysis with at least 2 years in Corporate planning/PMO/management consulting role.
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences.
- Excellent facilitator and ability to act as single point of contact and mediator between parties on cross-functional initiatives.
- Good interpersonal skills - the ability to work with teams both inside and outside the organisation and establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes.
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change.
- Strategic, operational planning and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to motivate others and lead change.
- Project management and planning skills and ability to multitask and respond to a variety of demands.
- A strong interest in business and business development
- A good understanding of information technology.
- Ability to handle and maintain highly confidential information.
- Demonstrate high standards of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Maintain professional demeanour at all times.
- Advanced level of proficiency in use of MS Office applications.
- Advanced level of proficient in use of process mapping tools (e.g. Visio)
- Excellent command of English with good written and oral communication skills.
About the Company
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Excelsior Group ME
Project Accounting Accountant
Senior Venture Control Accountant
Accounting Manager - EFM
Astrolabe Capital LLC