Job description / Role
This position is for professional with experience in electricity and water utility company with background and specialty in new business development for utility company and having knowledge of electricity and water Tariff study.
• Provides assistance to Head of Business Development and Tariffication on all matters pertaining to business development and conducts necessary analysis
• Assesses and conducts studies, prepares business cases, and gives advice on feasibility, cost effectiveness, and regulatory conformance of the investment plans, proposals, special projects, and on-going programs.
• Establish parameters for evaluation of business performance in consultation with Head of Business Development and Tariffication
• Liaises with Senior Engineer-Forecasting (Electricity and Water) to use the forecast data for necessary analysis in order to facilitate decision making
• Analyses the impact on Kahramaa of new developments in the industry (such as market trends, new technologies and activities) and their effects on the support and control departments plans
• Participates and provides necessary assistance for carrying out any requisite studies pertaining to planning as and when required
• Develops a business case for Business Process Re-engineering and as per Kahramaa business requirements as and when required
• Develops relevant reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual etc.) as required for analysis by Senior Management and monitoring progress on established parameters
• Conducts research on the Qatari and GCC electricity markets to determine the best opportunities for future expansion of the electricity & water business
• Conducts market research of the GCC electricity market to determine the optimum strategy for development of the electricity business and the possibility of expansion to the GCC countries
• Proposes various business opportunities to supervisor. These opportunities must be based on analysis of the external and internal business environment. Close cooperation is required with all departments particularly engineering and customer services
• Conducts various economic and financial analysis of the proposed projects and presents the results to Management
• Participates in the negotiations with third parties regarding the initiation of new business opportunities
• Contributes to the preparation of the section annual and long-term plan. including the internal plan of the section and the external plan
• Provides and monitors training and development assignments for Qatari Development trainees
• Works in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Continual Improvement department on securing and maintaining the ISO 9002 certification
• Carries out and ensures compliance of all activities within the Business Development and Tariffication Section are in line with Kahramaa health and safety regulations
• Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with the reporting manager to ensure that the required trainings are arranged and attended
• Identify problems within a business, including through using data modelling techniques
• Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
Education and Experience:
• Must have achieved minimum bachelor’s degree Engineering, or Business Administration from credit university.
• Minimum 5 years’ Experience in a similar role, with GCC countries experience is plus
• Commercial Awareness
• Experience working with senior decision makers
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills
• Proven analytical background
• Advanced Excel skills
• Enough experience and competency in computer packages.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
About the Company
We are Qatar’s licensed professional Human Resource Recruitment Service and Staff Outsourcing firm committed to serving our valuable clients with the highest standard of excellence and professionalism in a legal, ethical, cost-effective and timely manner. Our employment services covers all levels of professional experience and a wide range of industries and willingly assist companies of all sizes.
Thus, we are dedicated to building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates whilst living by our core values; Integrity, Excellence, Commitment & Determination, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation and Change!
At United, we take our obligations towards Quality at the same time, taking care not to conflict with those policies of our clients and the government authorities in Qatar and other countries. This ensures that provision of manpower fits in seamlessly with the operation of our clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Analyst - Finance
Emirates Consulting Group (ECG)
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Business Analytics Associate
Value Tech Consulting
Corporate Development Analyst