Job description / Role
Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle's sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle's products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 12+ years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to Travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle has been aggressively building up the ERP portfolio to ensure leadership in that space. Today, Oracle's ERP applications are a complete and integrated suite – from core Financials, Procurement, Projects, Asset Management, Supply Chain, business insight applications, to the latest leading edge AI, IoT solutions – all designed to help.
The Upper Gulf region is one of our key markets for this growth. We have ambitious growth plan and target to be the #1 ERP player in the region.
In order to address this strategic goal, we are looking to recruit a seasoned ERP leader who can help articulate this strategy, be responsible for the growth metrics and work with customers, partners and Oracle internal teams to ensure a consistent approach and success in achieving the goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking to recruit true “A+ Players” from the ERP Management Consulting markets. The ideal candidate should have the following qualities
- Responsible for defining the sales strategy and go-to-market initiatives and ensuring execution by the Oracle Sales Organization
- Develop and nurture the pipeline of business in alignment with our roadmap
- Experience in the areas of ERP with an ability to articulate the value proposition of Oracle offerings at CxO levels.
- 8-10 years in the areas of ERP and SCM working in Strategic Transformation engagements, ideally with a strong background in ERP enabling technologies. Examples can be experience in the area of Finance, Procurement, Projects, and Supply Chain Planning & Execution etc.
- Essential to have worked in the geography and having a good understanding of the Market needs, culture and attitude towards SaaS in particular.
- An overall experience in the area of ERP and SCM of 12-15 years.
- A good understanding of the digital space and/or user and customer experience
- Ability to understand client needs
- An energetic and driven personality
- A passion for meeting people and helping them solve their business challenges
- Proven experience of success in a similar role
- Ability to build strong, long-term relationships not only with clients & partners but also internally within the Oracle.
- Ability to work with Oracle global teams to bring the right level of messaging and positioning to the region.
- Ability to keep abreast of coming trends in technology, a perspective of how ERP will shape up and provide such messaging to the customers – in short a thought leadership role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Being a team player is a must
- You will need experience in working with Press, Analysts and SI Partners
- Fluent in English is mandatory. Additional language(s) would be a benefit.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Executive
One Thousand Walls