Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major international company working within the energy sector. They are currently in the process of expanding and are seeking a Business Development Manager to be based in their office in Qatar.
• Analysing local business opportunities, market trends, and regional and/or international developments.
• Ensuring potential opportunities and trends are communicated to the Head of Business Development, and that they align with the company’s overall Business Development Strategy
• Liaising and networking with the main business partners in Qatar to identify opportunities
• Analysing the macroeconomic factors that influence the economies and investments of countries targeted by the company, and forecasting movements in economic indicators, such as interest rates and currencies
• Conducting detailed quantitative and qualitative market research to seek new opportunities and business ventures within your allocated region
• Assisting in the development and launch of new project opportunities, identifying further market opportunities and assessing market size, defining potential project concepts in the concerned industry, conducting market testing, assessing competitive pressures, and developing pro-forma analyses of all priority sector opportunities
• Developing and implementing technical methods and procedures for monitoring potential investment opportunities in order to compile and present reports to the management
• Building strong working relationships with market research firms, including external consultants, auditors, and any other key sources for relevant market information
• Coordinating with Financial Analysts within the M&A team to prepare a financial study and feasibility assessment based on an estimation of the forecasted profits and cost analysis of the opportunity
• Degree qualification in Engineering, with an emphasis in Civil or Power. Ideally have a second degree in Business Administration
• At least 10-15 years’ experience, with 8 years in a similar role and within the energy/power industry
• Previously worked with International Power Developers or Independent Power Producers (EPC contractors or Consultants will not be selected)
• Demonstrable experience of delivery Share/Joint Venture Agreements
• Working knowledge of project financing
• Minimum of 7-8 years of leading and delivering multi-million Project Team efforts on Greenfield/Brownfield sites with experience in power plant development
• Strong understanding of JVAs, JDAs, Share Agreements, and Land Issues
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to coordinate multi-functional teams (Finance, Technical, Legal, etc.) and is considered an expert in one of those functions
• Travel flexibility is essential
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details online.
If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72 hours.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.