Business Support Services Officer
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Ras Laffan, Qatar
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
The purpose of this job is to provide Executive Management Services Support for the functions and portfolios under Business Support Services Manager’s accountability to improve the quality of coordination, implementation and message conveyance of organization-wide programs, documents & performance reports, which deliver value to the business by enhancing management decision-making & facilitating shared directional understanding/organization alignment.
The range of job tasks and duties require demonstration of planning, communication, attention to details, accuracy and time-management skills to execute the following core responsibilities: Business Performance Reporting, Management Meetings, Events Committee and Support Functions responsibilities.
• Business Performance Reports and Management Meetings - Officer In Charge/Focal point for: [70%]
• Secretariat-level planning, coordination, verification and submission of high-quality management presentations and consolidated report documents that clearly and concisely convey key strategy, plans/actions, information and data for enhanced business decision making by Executive Level management and respective stakeholders in N-KOM, Nakilat and QatarEnergy.
• Weekly - Management Meeting Presentation Materials, Action Items Updates and Meeting Minutes.
• Monthly - Enterprise Level Report comprising status and validity of Insurance policies, Lifting equipment, Qualifications & Certifications submitted to Chief Shipyard Management Officer thereby delivering value and safeguarding the company so that it is not exposed to adverse impacts of lapses in these requirements.
• Bi-monthly - Management of updates on Strategic Initiative meeting agenda and action items status that drives stakeholder responsiveness to deliver value through continuous business movement.
• Quarterly - Updates on accomplishment of a range of State Support KPIs to QatarEnergy, RLIC Port Management that were developed to monitor the progress and performance improvements of our yard in line with State Support.
• Quarterly - Updates on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) comprising Control Measures, Mitigating Actions, Plans/Forecasts, and Progress updates to Nakilat Corporate Planning and Risk thereby delivering value through safeguarding the company from exposure to the financial, operational and reputational impacts of various risks and highlighting the risk management practices adopted by the organization.
• Central Administrative Management of Support Documents Register and Tracking Database for the management reports and presentations highlighted above.
• Events Committee - Officer In Charge/Focal point: [10%]
• Annual - Secretariat-level planning, budget control, coordination, publicity and organization of various Nakilat-Keppel Recreation Committee (NKRC) events/games and National Sports Day events/games to boost teamwork, camaraderie, healthy lifestyle and promote N-KOM Values amongst N-KOM staff.
Accountabilities - 2
• Support Function responsibilities - Perform as the Deputy to Senior Business Support Services Officer in preparing clear and concise strategy, action plans, information and high-quality presentations & reports for Executive Level management to enhance decision making. [20%]
• Annual - Coordination of respective N-KOM Departments inputs towards sustainability best practices and standards. These inputs are consolidated and submitted in accordance to the Reporting Framework provided by Nakilat SHEQ for the preparation of Annual Nakilat Sustainable Development (SD) report. A high-quality consolidated report is produced for ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Committee review, approval and publication.
• Annual - Coordination of respective Department inputs/initiatives to the 5-year Business Plan and Annual Budget package for BoD approval.
• Quarterly - Coordination of respective Department progress updates on action plans and initiatives related to the 5-year Business Plan for N-KOM Management review and reported to BoD.
• Quarterly - Consolidation of N-KOM business and support activities, initiatives and achievements reported to Nakilat and N-KOM Board of Directors in line with the approved Business Plan and Budget.
• Adhere to all relevant HSSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls as part of the Company’s efforts to provide safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers and its own people.
• Follow relevant departmental policies and procedures to carry out work out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Carry out any other duties as directed.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Minimum - A graduate diploma any discipline such as Management/Admin/Human Resources or Economics.
• Preferred - A graduate degree in any discipline such as Management/Admin/Human Resources or Economics.
• Minimum - 3 years’ relevant experience, preferably in Human Resources department of a Multinational Organization.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Drive Vision
• Interactive Communication
• Customer Centricity
• Solution Oriented
• Empower & Nurture Talents
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Achievement Oriented
• Demonstrate a high quality of work, time-management, attention to details, multi-tasking, communication skills and confidence to execute the roles.
• Ability in executing independently as per the standards expected of an Officer.
• Knowledge of Business Continuity & Enterprise Risk Management.
• Knowledge of Company Performance Reporting.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Level Agreements.
• Ability to deliver Executive Management Services.
• Skill in coordinating Committee & Work groups.
• Ability to coach others to translate business vision, goals and values into operational imperatives and performance deliverables.
• Ability to support engagement and communication with all levels of management, staff, stakeholders from parent companies and service providers.
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodology.
• Critical Thinking skills.
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.