Job description / Role
Our BTA business operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals who focus on delivering efficient and effective advice to companies in the region. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance and advisory, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
As part of our regional services team you will assist in looking after service delivery, co-ordination, issue resolution, and contract management of projects where you will be expected to draft tax advisory memos and reports to address client concerns.
Your key responsibilities
• The focus will be on assisting the team in business advisory related service delivery.
• You will prepare tax research memos and tax advisory reports.
• Assist with local State tax return preparation and therefore understand tax adjustments and tax provisioning work.
• Attend meetings with the Qatar Tax Authority on client related tax matters.
• Build strong internal relationships and across other services.
• Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships with clients to help ensure that the services delivered to clients by our offices are of the highest standards and are done on a timely basis.
• You will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of client engagements, monitor progress and deliverables, put in place the necessary standardized processes, anticipate and identify risks, escalate issues as appropriate and drive performance-improvement solutions.
• You will support the team in marketing and business development initiatives to grow our BTA client base in the region and help to create positive culture, coach and counsel junior team members to help them develop professionally and personally.
Skills and attributes for success
• If you are an energetic and motivated professional with strong analytical and problem- solving skills, you will get the experience to develop within the Tax practice and be exposed to major clients and projects throughout the Middle East.
• Understand concepts of taxation (primarily for inbound activity) and be able to interpret tax law.
• You will have some exposure to international tax concepts (and understanding thereof) – Double Tax Treaties, BEP’s/ Transfer Pricing, PE’s
To qualify for the role you must have
• A degree in a relevant field (Accountancy/ Commerce/ Law)
• 3-4 years of relevant big-4 experience with focus and knowledge of tax advisory services
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Excellent analytical, supervisory skills
• Tax professional qualification (CTA, ADIT)
• Proficiency in Arabic
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical knowledge experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative new ways. We need individuals that could move into managerial roles in the short term. If you’re a confident individual with an ability to operate individually and/or within a team environment and have the ability to solve complex issues, this role may be for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.