Job description / Role
The Butler department is at the center of the Raffles Doha guest service experience. The supervisor role encompasses a spectrum of responsibilities from organizing and directing Butlers for pre-arrival, arrival, in-house, departure and post-stay arrangements. A Butler Supervisor plays a vital role in overseeing the daily operations of the Butler team, filled with purpose in actions to contribute and deliver experiences that are astounding and superlative. A person, who organises all tasks of Butlers, guides and inspires the Butlers through examples, innovative-thinker, embodies a strong sense of leadership, communicator who creates an atmosphere that is positive for both team and residents.
RAFFLES HOTELS AND RESORTS
An oasis for the well-travelled since 1887 reinterpreted for the 21st century traveler, Raffles has been synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary service for well over a century. Born in Singapore, the brand has since extended its network all around the world, welcoming the influential community of each destination. Whether you come to drink, dine, celebrate or simply to unwind, the outstanding personalities working at Raffles know better than anyone else how to ensure that you "ARRIVE AS GUEST, LEAVE AS FRIEND, AND RETURN AS FAMILY".
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has full awareness, manages, and supervises all tasks of his/her staff.
- Directs work assignments of non-supervisory personnel.
- Informs other operating departments of matters related to Butler operations.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team.
- Receives, records, and distributes various reports via the Opera system.
- Receives, records, and always transmits guest requests and preferences accurately to the team.
- Maintains and update administrative data's.
- Maintains key control and track sheet.
- Ensures that the pre-arrival preparation is under control and report them to Assist. Head Butler / Head Butler.
- Ensures smooth handover of daily activities to next shift.
- Appraise appearance, discipline, and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision.
- Maintains working area and equipment in a proper state of cleanliness and repair.
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections through emotional luxury between Butlers and guests.
- Handle guest complaints: delegates immediately and reports to Head Butler / Assistant Head Butler.
- Meticulously follow consumptions of guest supplies.
- Designates department trainer, proactively identifies training needs and schedules consistent trainings in multi-aspect that builds Butlers' confidence.
- Monitors performances and provides timely feedback for improvements.
- Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions guests' needs and wants and orchestrates special occasions and celebrations.
- Promptly answers any in-house guest calls, instant messages and emails and communicates with respective departments in the resolution of guests' requests.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Ensures repeat guests are met and greeted by Butlers daily and profiles are updated.
- Ensures long-staying, special attention, occasion celebrating guests are taken care of exclusively by Butlers, paying particular attention to their needs and requests.
- Fully understands the responsibility of providing the promised service to be given, even it means running a pantry for the needed period / crunch times.
- Fully understands that the Butler position and the whole department constantly renews and develops itself to make sure to keep up with the trends in hospitality industry.
- Has an awareness of all positions in the Butler service dept. including their job functions.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Hotels Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Executes the annual upsell strategy and achieves all goals as set by management and cooperates with the Front Office team in promoting inter-hotel sales and in-house restaurants and facilities.
- Cooperates closely with In-Suite Dining and Housekeeping to ensure a seamless In Room Dining and cleaning experience. Acts as a link for guests with all other areas of the hotel.
- Addresses any security incidents and guest complaints to the Head Butler and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes 5 star / Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Performs any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel.
- Follows Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency.
TALENT & CULTURE
The hotel reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as and when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language.
- Ascertains and addresses guest/colleague needs.
- Focuses on service with an eye for detail and an approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, exercises good judgment and with a high degree of professionalism.
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication and support for continuous improvement.
- Must be a self-starter, coach & mentor who can inspire the team to perform their best.
- Flexible management style to meet challenge of a changing work environment.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and shows good initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Possesses good computer and property management system skills.
- Embraces and responds to change effectively.
- Obtains strong local market knowledge.
- Understands international luxury travelers and their needs.
- International level of quality and non-hotel experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of cultural nuisances in dealing with local and Middle Eastern guests.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.