Job description / Role
The CAD technician will be responsible for all drafting work required to finalize changes in design, IFC and the as-built drawings. He will perform basic to complex drafting assignments requiring a thorough knowledge of drafting standards, practices, and techniques. He will be involved in the preparation of drawings as needed during construction and the preparation of the final as-built drawings.
- Performs basic drawing layout and plan drawings from sketches prepared by designers using CAD, Micro Station and Civil 3D platforms.
- Performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Adjusts or changes to drawings as directed during advanced planning stages and actual construction.
- Using CAD, Micro Station and Civil 3D draws and letter charts and diagrams for the presentation of various statistical data; ensure standard presentation.
- Liaise with Engineers about the drafting requirements.
- Involved in preparation, checking and record keeping of the as-built drawings and records.
- Files and maintains drawings and flash memories/hard drives as directed by the SRE/RE; ensure proper backup and archiving.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
- Ensure quality goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of quality procedures on the road works.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma, high school certificate or equivalent but candidates with diploma of associate engineer will be given preference.
- Appropriate and recognized diploma/certification in Auto CAD/Micro Station and Civil 3D.
- Minimum seven (7) years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
- Civil 3D, Micro Station and CAD experience is a must.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.