Job description / Role
Job Title: Sonographer
Department: Children's CMG
The Sonographer provides technical expertise in the performance of pediatric echocardiographic imaging (2-D, M-mode, spectral, colour and tissue Doppler, strain 3-D/4-D) and the preparation of a preliminary report. The sonographer participates in all activities contributing to the development of Invasive and Non Invasive Cardiology Services, promoting and working collaboratively in a team environment, assisting other non-invasive staff and providing relief for the Cardiac Non-Invasive Manager as needed.
The Cardiac Sonographer participates in continual professional development of self, new employees and students, as well as identifies equipment maintenance issues, the formulation of procedure policies and quality improvement activities toward IAC accreditation and standards that promote safe practices for delivering patient care. S/he provides evidence based specialized care for infants, children and adults with known or suspected congenital heart disease, enhanced by state of the art diagnostic and interventional studies and aligned with current professional standards.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Performs echocardiographic procedures on infants, children adolescents and adults with known or suspected congenital heart disease according to the patient's need following department protocols.
- Prepares patients for exams using the physician Order and patient's clinical history in order to identify the purpose of the examination.
- Ensures the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principles of imaging are applied to the examination.
- Uses critical thinking to expand the echocardiographic study as necessary to answer the clinical questions.
- Interacts and communicates effectively - both orally and in writing - with healthcare providers, including other sonographers, physicians and nurses.
- Prepares a preliminary echo report for the physician utilizing Philiips Xcelera and CVIS workstation.
- Participates in the training and development of new employees on equipment and procedures applicable to Cardiac Service operations, maintaining alignment with the department's and Sidra's training objectives and plans.
- Promotes and works collaboratively in a team environment to achieve planned outcomes
- Participates in standby and on call staffing for the Cardiology Imaging service, as appropriate for education, training and experience.
- Provides support and relief for Cardiology department supervisors.
- Ensures systems and standards that promote patient safety and safe practices for delivering patient care for the modality are adhered to as directed.
- Assists in the preparation of departmental and organizational policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Maintains accurate and concise records of all imaging received by the patient using the appropriate systems.
- Maintains a high level of expertise in managing faults/issues effectively to guarantee the safe operation of the ultrasound equipment.
- Ensures optimal utilization of resources.
- Implements quality improvement initiatives.
- Participates in competency assessment of junior technicians and students
- Participates in mandatory training.
- Practices continual professional development to ensure maintenance of professional licensure and certifications.
- Monitors and maintains stock levels for consumables.
- Attends Department and other meetings as appropriate.
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
Excellent, tax-free remuneration and benefits The salary and benefits on offer at our client hospital are very generous and are free from any income tax in Qatar.
- Healthcare and dental insurance.
- Company provided accommodation or Housing Allowance.
- Company provided transport or transportation allowance.
- Paid private school education for children.
- Other financial rewards (e.g. performance bonuses, end-of service gratuity).
- Generous paid vacation time and public holidays.
- Annual airfare allowance.
- Mobilization and repatriation airfares.
- Continuing professional development
- BSc in Cardiac Physiology/Clinical Physiology Medical Imaging or equivalent
- 5+ Years Cardiac ultrasound/ECHO Experience in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Extensive functional knowledge and 3+ year's western academic medical center clinical experience in cardiac ultrasound/ECHO imaging with particular emphasis on clinical cardiac physiology
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.