Job description / Role
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter's level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned
- Cleans up worksite debris
Your experience and skills include:
- Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety
- High school diploma is an asset
- 4 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.