Job description / Role
- Responsible for the entire operation of his/her assigned cashier-section.
- Directly works and establishes good rapport & pleasant engagements thereby contributing to bringing a much higher customer satisfaction experience for (paying) shoppers.
- The incumbent is directly responsible for proper receiving and managing of cash-sales payments.
- He/she individually contributes to meet set short term objectives.
- Assists customers waiting for check-out in a store.
- Scan & punch-in all items at the cash register
- Collect payments and provide cash-change as is needed.
- Responsible for counting contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift ensuring correct cash/bank slips sales count.
- She/ He must ensure that checks, credit card slips, voucher etc. are properly accounted & organized.
- Must give each customer receipt detailing each transaction.
- Escalate unresolved issues with customers to direct supervisor
- May bag, wrap items or perform other duties as needed.
- Maintain clean and orderly check out areas.
- May be asked to help merchandiser/stocker in re-stocking the shelves - as is needed.
- Process merchandise returns and exchange.
- Cashiers may be asked to retrieve shopping carts from store aisles.
- Answers customer's queries related to services performed and/or products purchased.
- Must deal with all customers with tactfully and politely.
- Must greet all entering or leaving customers.
- Maintain a neat and friendly appearance, keep all areas secure and clean
- Handle/manage Customer Service issues.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to interact effectively with customers.
- At least a High school graduate with 1 year related experience or higher (college-level desired).
- Have an effective communication and customer service skills.
- Language speaking (good command in English; French and Arabic an advantage).
- Must be able to work on shift-hour schedule.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly and accurately process transactions using cash-register, calculator, and optical scanners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ethical conduct and confidence-level required
- Can work on fast-paced environment and dependable.
- Dedicated, thorough, honest, eye-for-detail, organized, numeric-skill a must.
- Customer-client focused.
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
King's College Doha
Wataniya Environmental Services Co. (WES)
Management Solutions International (MSI)