Job description / Role
- Accountable for planning, organizing, controlling and coordinating activities of staff engaged in running cash counter and customer service.
- Directly responsible for the proper handling of the division's receiving money.
- Ensure that all cash handling is done properly.
- Responsible for making sure that cashiers are on task and behaving appropriately for work.
- Analyse, prioritize and act quickly to ensure that every detail related to customers is addressed as soon as possible.
- Price over-rides are done when required.
- Perform store opening and closing procedures including Safe Room and Safe Vault Responsibilities.
- Issue and Control Refunds or Exchange of products from Customer Service as per Company Policy.
- Customer is fully satisfied when leaving the store.
- Supervising the checkouts and customer service
- Operate Cash Register when staff is on breaks
- On the spot checking of cash for shortages, or excess on the till.
- Enter prices on cash register, packing or placed merchandise in the bag.
- Price change if any wrong price display.
- Credit card Reconciliation at the end of the day by taking the settlement report.
- Assisting cashier with checking of Bank Notes and Foreign Currencies if they have doubt.
- Assisting customers if they need help.
- Supply of small denomination change if needed.
- Controlling of usage of shopping bags
- Following the store policy when theft occurs
- Deals to all customers with tact, politeness, friendliness.
- When possible, greet the customers entering or leaving the store
- Serve the VIP customers Coffee, water, soft drinks.
- Delegate work activities to 3rd party employees such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and keeping the store tidy and clean.
- Assisting the customers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Diploma/Certificate in Hospitality and basic accounting knowledge is preferable.
- At least 3 Years' Experience as a Cashiers/ customer service representative and 1 year as supervisor.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Experience in a cross-cultural work environment is a plus
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.